Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tonichi Sanvictores
Philippines
Marikina City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm late to the party, and I'm currently downloading the behemoth of a zip.

My question is ... how does this hold up with more recent Z games, such as Zombicide, Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game, etc? They're all skirmish, scenario/objective-based games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Homewood
United Kingdom
Southend on sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on what you want. For my liking it is the king of zombie games, in that it feels most like you are living out the events of a movie. Zombicide for me suffered from having special powered zombies, thus feeling more like a computer game than a movie.

LNOE you are jsut moving aobut from one location to another placing zombies on other players.

Dead of Night has a serious flaw though, and its that of the zombie movie, by the end of the movie zombies are everywhere, fine in watching a movie, in a boardgame you have to move every zombie one space forward after each turn, this becomes a bit of a drudge. But other than that, and the rulebook not being great for rule clarification, hope you have a great time with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pretty much completely agree with Cliff. This game always felt the most like Romero's original movie for me compared to other zombie games.

I like Zombicide, but as Cliff said it is much more a computer game in board game format. LNoE is good as well for different reasons. I picked up Dead Panic awhile back thinking that might be a good Night of Living Dead type game and was very disappointed in it.

So this remains the definitive "there coming to get you Barbara" zombie game for me.zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.