Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing i am not quite sure about is how to apply the snapshot rule.

Can a snapshot be taken anytime the ball carrier ends his move (after the defenders move) in the penultimate line? The way it is worded, i understand it that once we are in "scoring opportunity"-mode (not refilling hand), taking a snapshot is not an option anymore (even if the ball controlling player is still in front of the goal after the movement of the defender)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
Hat-Trick goes online on Tabletopia. PM me if you want a learn, try or play it.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Snapshot does not work in the Scoring Opportunity phase.
So whenever a player has the ball in the penultimate line and is about to perform an action (successful or not), he may shoot on goal provided his Action Card is stronger.
Hope it answers your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thank you. The "not-during-a-scoring-opportunity" part was the only thing not 100% clear to me. Great game! Looking forward to those mats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
Great game! Looking forward to those mats

First stop - solo variant I've been totally consumed by it in the recent weeks. First draft tommorow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know - my teams will be ready

by the way - i have been playing some AI vs AI games to practice the rules by just drawing random cards for both teams and doing the best possible play. Works great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear that! I thought I was the only one crazy enough to play Hat-Trick with myself this way
Still, when I was playtesting the expansion while using this system and the skills kicked in, the amount of decision-making for the A.I. reached the point where I almost got a nosebleed So, in the end I decided that A.I. must start playing for itself, otherwise it would become impossible to play a few matches in a quick succession. At first I considered it undoable as I just couldn't imagine the A.I. moving on its own according to an algorithm intuitive enough to make it work. But then an illumination came and it seems to be working alright - at least alright enough to start working on it. I am ready with the pdf, I have finished playthrough videos a few hours ago, now I am editing them and tomorrow I'll post everything along with a treat for all wishing to help playtesting. So drop by tomorrow evening, ideally in time for World Cup qualifiers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hat Trick wrote:
Great to hear that! I thought I was the only one crazy enough to play Hat-Trick with myself this way

Nope! Can't let you take all the credit there!

My last game was Switzerland vs Germany - a matchp where i was sure that "my" team would go down badly. However, the swiss scored on their first (and last) opportunity, taking the lead, and somehow managed to stay ahead through the first half of the game, even tough the germans had about 4:1 shots on goal until the break.

The second half went the same way (total shots were 8-1) , but the germans were out of luck - until a foul led to a penalty shot just a few minutes before the end of the game. Final score was 1:1, the german team woud have deserved to win (but you know them - they score when there is actually something waiting to take home with them).

Hat Trick wrote:

Still, when I was playtesting the expansion while using this system and the skills kicked in, the amount of decision-making for the A.I. reached the point where I almost got a nosebleed

I can see that. I only used the basic game up to now to really digest all the possibilities (which is doable without nosebleeds and still offers interesting decisions for both sides). It really is a lot of fun! And the expansion is waiting (i backed both on KS).

Definitely looking forward to test your solo version...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.