GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,302 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Printing fan made rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Zed
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I have seen alot of fan made stuff for the games I play but never delved into them, what I want to know is the best way to go about this, do you go to print shops and pay them to do it, or should I get my own card stock, of so what is best for cards like these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Nierste
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
A lot of people get them printed at artscow/cowcow whenever they have double-sided card decks on sale (which is unfortunately much less often than it used to be).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a BGG thread about making your own cards:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/490643/making-cards-youll-n...

I haven't tried this yet, but it looks pretty straightforward to do. Whether you'll want to do this really depends on your individual situation (budget, spare time, and so on). If you have more spare money than spare time, order your cards at somewhere like PrinterStudio.com, or ArtsCow, or any other site that you happen to find out about. But if you have more spare time than spare money, then making your own cards can be quite satisfying.

Oh, and if that inspires you to do more DIY game projects, here's the best BGG thread in the world for that:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/848512/all-diy-links-you-ne...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawatzky
Canada
Randolph
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed them off on a higher quality paper and then just sleeved them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.