Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Nomikos
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The initial set-up can be less fortunate for a player at times (it does not happen frequently). Also this variant helps for a more competitive game.
Enjoy,
Paul Nomikos – May 2007

Set-Up Mulligan
If a player during set-up receives a wild ship that its colors does not match any of his two contracts, then he can show his cards to all players, and choose either to draw a new wild ship, or to draw two new contracts (from the face down pile), or to draw a new wild ship and two new contracts (from the face down pile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Grout
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, I fully concur. If a player doesn't get a decent start, they've pretty well lost the game at that point.

Cheers, Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Broadhead
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well every mulligan should ahve a slight cost. 1 coin, 1 vp, players goes last etc. Haven't played but would that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nomikos
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I view this as a necessary mulligan. If you do not do that, the player has a significant disadvantage against the other players. Thus, my view is that there sould be no additional cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other "mulligan" options:

1. Each player gets his two trade contracts randomly dealt to him as usual. Then all the flagships are laid out face up and the players take turns selecting the ones they want. Even the last player in line should be able to get something he can use; if not, that player could show the others his trade contracts, draw two replacements, and shuffle his original ones back into the deck. THEN he chooses a flagship from the available remaining ones.

2. Each player gets his two trade contracts randomly dealt to him as usual. Then all the flagships are laid out face up and the players BID on them, bidding in either money or victory points (their choice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls