Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the TMG version a nicer quality than the flip version? If anyone knows, I am super curious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

TMG just released Invasion at Cool Stuff.

Can tell you later if you open this thread again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know! I preordered it at CSI! However, my copy is in the same shipment as Troyes, which I also preordered.. I have no idea when I will recieve it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Bump on this, I'm interested in knowing. In fact, I've seen that the DLP 2nd printing actually has rounded cards, I'm wondering if the 2nd printing components are upgraded on the DLP side, and what the TMG component quality looks like here..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am always impressed with TMG's quality. I am eager to hear about the quality!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Nash
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought two of the TMG versions of this. (One is a Christmas present for someone else.) Since my Seafall orders were holding for that, I now have mine in hand.

I just inventoried both because we don't like bad surprises on Christmas morning.

In my opinion, the quality of the TMG version is equal to the TMG version of the base game. I didn't notice any differences at all, but I didn't compare them side to side either. After the look-over I gave it to make sure nothing was damaged, it looks fine.

I do have an issue with each game that I am trying to resolve. BOTH copies I got were missing one of the white cylinders. The rulebook said ten, but there were nine in both... I thought this was odd, so I'm wondering if this is a misprint, but I haven't seen anyone else post a thread about this yet.

(I've already contacted TMG about the missing parts. Their response was timely, but they won't get replacement parts for another month and I have to write back then.)

I will say that the expansion itself is pretty impressive. There are several options for changing up the base game. With mixing and matching, there will be a lot of replayability. I am very anxious to get it to the table.

MadK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much! This is great to hear it is comparable to the original version!! I was really happy with the TMG version of Orléans. Are all of the expansions printed on cardboard, or are some of them on card stock like the DLP version? Also how big is the box compared to the base game? Also, how many expansions did it come with? I heard rumors they might cut some of the expansions out.

For comparison, the DLP version contained 6 expansions

3 multiplayer expansions:
Prosperity, Invasion, and The Duel

And 3 solo expansions:
The Dignitary, Capital Vierzon, and Travelling Salesman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
That's my question too, did TMG upgrade the new boards to actual boards or are they heavy card stock like the DLP version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eldavicho wrote:
That's my question too, did TMG upgrade the new boards to actual boards or are they heavy card stock like the DLP version?

The boards are heavy card stock (except the 2 Invasion boards which are actual boards). But everything in the box seems to be on par with the original release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks! You satisfied my OCD, sounds like they kept the same stock for the various boards. No need to double dip since I have the DLP printing.

Although I'm sure TMG cards have rounded corners, I can fix that myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Muller
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
madkestrel wrote:

I do have an issue with each game that I am trying to resolve. BOTH copies I got were missing one of the white cylinders. The rulebook said ten, but there were nine in both... I thought this was odd, so I'm wondering if this is a misprint, but I haven't seen anyone else post a thread about this yet.

I have 9 also, but my rulebook only mentions 9 as the most you'd ever need: 9 neutral markers for the Duel scenario. Where does your rulebook say 10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mb
notunskeptical wrote:
madkestrel wrote:

I have 9 also, but my rulebook only mentions 9 as the most you'd ever need: 9 neutral markers for the Duel scenario. Where does your rulebook say 10?

On page 21 of rule book, it says '10 markers' but I don't see any single scenario which 10 markers are needed. But I just checked and I actually do have '10 markers' (small white/neutral) ones.

*Edit... I should add that I have the DLP version and not TMG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.