United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's that time. We are finally live on Kickstarter! Eek.

UPDATE: Funded in less than 3 hours!!!

Please take a moment to check out the campaign -> http://kck.st/2fnGeLT

The game is available for a pledge of £10, with the limited edition wooden box version available for a £30 pledge.

I am so excited to be writing this message. I hope you all check it out and share the link with those who share our love of games.

Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: LIVE on Kickstarter NOW - Funded in 3 hours!!!
Thank you so much everyone for the support. In less than 24 hours we are funded and have unlocked two stretch goals! I am truly blown away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Things are flying in Kickstarter world. The support has left me in awe of how awesome the gaming community is!

We have unlocked another stretch goal, so in addition to the base game, Package!? now also includes, a custom die, a cloth drawstring bag and 4 copies of the reference card instead of 1. We are also rapidly climbing to the next stretch goal - a set of 5 small numbered location cards for your wooden buildings to provide numbering and some key info.

More stretch goals being announced in the next couple of days, along with artwork updates in line with unlocked items above.

Also, by popular demand, PNP versions of the rules and reference card will be made available very soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have revealed the custom die which is now included in every copy of the game...

Woop!

Shep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We've done it... blown stretch goal 4 wide open. Now each copy of the game will include 5 mini location cards for your wooden locations to be numbered on your playing surface as well as showing some other key info. Graphics for these will be revealed very soon.

This stretch goal came via feedback from you, the backers, on the comments thread on the Kickstarter campaign. Pat yourselves on the back for gently persuading me to include these in the game. If you have not yet been involved in the discussions there yet, please do... it clearly makes a difference!

Unlocking this stretch goal also means the next 2 have been revealed!!! These are...

At £4500 each copy of the game will include a score summary card, printed on the same 'large tarot' sized cards as the quick reference cards. This will make working out scores at the end of the game super easy without referring to the rules leaflet. You'll notice this is a short hop too... we'll unlock this in no time!!!

At £5250 each copy of the game will now include not 1, but 4 (!!!) custom dice. Remember that beautiful custom die we unlocked £1500? Well, when we hit this baby, we'll be including one of each colour to match the player colours (white, green, pink, yellow). Want to know just how lovely that will look? OK...

I hope you all want Package!? to include those beauties as much as I do!!!!

Thank you all so so so much for pushing the campaign this far. Please send us a like on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/HalfWingGames/) don't forget that once we hit 300 likes you'll all be getting a lovely laser cut wooden coin in your set for free.

I appreciate all the messages and feedback I've been getting. Keep it coming.

Thanks,

Shep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally awesome on-the go pouch alert...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Stretch goal 5 unlocked! Every copy of the game will now include a score summary card to make that end game super easy! We ar enow heading towards the set of 4 custom dice!

We've also unlocked another stretch goal:

This stretch goal is for the 'Awesome Box Upgrade' and kicks in at £6250. It adds the following...

All backers receiving the regular version of Package - An upgrade to Spot UV finished box for the game. A super awesome upgrade to make the box extra gorgeous. A number of games in my collection utilise this finish and it just looks and feels mega classy. If you don't know what it is, google it

All backers receiving the Limited Edition wooden box version - I'll have your name engraved on the front of your copy (or any name you choose if this is a gift!). Of course if you would prefer to leave it without, thats cool also (we'll cover that in the backer survey after the campaign).

Thanks again!

Shep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We've just edged past the £5250 mark, which means every copy of Package!? will now include 4 custom engraved dice instead of 1. Why share a die when you can have one each, right?

Thanks so much everyone for getting us this far!

Up next is the super sexy box upgrade. When we hit £6250 the game box will be printed with gorgeous spot UV (one of my favourite printing styles), giving us a lush matt box, with high gloss text and lettering... pure class! In addition to this, all of you awesome limited edition wooden box owners will be getting your names etched onto the boxes (of course, I'll check what name you want adding in the backer surveys at the end of the campaign!).

I have a couple of other awesome stretch goals lined up for you as well and will be announcing the next one very soon!

Thanks all,

Shep

Check out the campaign here -> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/334979400/package-an-ab...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morning all!

Here is a peek at the various cards we now have included in each copy of Package!?

First up is the double sided reference card. This card details all the moves and options available to each player throughout the game. Thanks to an early stretch goal unlock and feedback from you all, there are now 4 of these included with each game. These cards are double sided and are sized at 89 x 127mm (Large Tarot size) making them very easy to read:

Next up are the 5 mini location cards which you all unlocked, and again, which are included as a result of backer feedback. These offer a clean, simple way to number your locations on the tabletop without detracting from the gameplay. Cards 4 and 5 include a prompt reminding you that each player can only score for 3 of their packages at these locations. These are sized 68 x 45mm (Thats 'Mini Euro' in case you wanted to sleeve them!):

And finally, we have the score summary card. This details the end-game scoring, covering the bonuses and a scoring example to help work out the important bit at the end - Who won!!! This, like the reference cards, is printed on a 'Large Tarot' card making it super easy to read:

I hope you all like the look of the reference material above. Next up is the awesome play mat.

The play mat will measure 200 x 250mm, making it more compact than most play mats, but large enough to fulfil the needs of a game of Package!? whilst spreading out a little! Why that size? Well, it's almost the size of an original iPad and when Package!? was born I stated to a few people that it was "small enough to play on the back of an iPad". It seemed fitting.

Fancy a peek? OK...

The play mat will be made from high quality neoprene with a detailed design on one side. During the course of this campaign there have been a number of comments requesting some degree of 'theme' to be developed from Package!?'s abstract nature. A number of options have been discussed with both backers and manufacturers and whilst many options were not viable, the reality of the play mat has given us that opportunity. As such, the play mat is 'lightly themed', matching the box and existing artwork and following the 'delivery' concept. The artwork displays a row of houses (or rather spaces to place your wooden locations), with garden paths leading up to them (for your pawns) and gardens for your packages (well, my postman regularly throws mail over the gate anyway!).

The locations are identified from left to right by the path style/number of slabs leading up to it. Like the mini location cards included with the game, locations 4 and 5 also have the prompts to remind players that only 3 of their packages at those locations will score points.

My thanks to Simon Lacey (the awesome dude doing the graphics) for capturing the abstract feel of the game and injecting some character into it. I hope you all like the design!

Thanks you all for making this project what it is!

Shep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: LIVE on Kickstarter NOW - LAST FEW DAYS!!!!!
Hey everyone!

I have just updated the campaign with the final 2 stretch goals! Following backer feedback I delved back into some of the optional game modes that were left out of Package!? during the early days. Some of these ideas were very cool and were well loved by the play testers, but it was 'too much' for the base game so I reluctantly shelved them. With all the requests for more content I grabbed my favourite 2 of these 'add-ons' and got them out to play testers again last week.

Following some serious gaming these 2 add-ons seem as well liked now as they were when I created them. As such, both the 'Über Package' and 'Shadow Pawn' add-ons are now up as stretch goals. Each 'super mini-expansion' adds an additional component to the game as well as a supplementary rules sheet for using these optional extras.

At £6750 we get the Über Package - A special package which belongs to no one. It enters play on the first roll of a 6 during the game and remains there, moving each time a specific trigger occurs. During the game it's effects are limited, but once the game ends the Über Package radically changes the allocation of points at the location it occupies AND any adjacent locations. This game addition pushes players to spread their package and avoid trying to capitalise on one location. Just when you think you've won... The Über Package lands!

At £7250 we get the Shadow Pawn - This add-on brings an additional pawn into the mix, but one that is not controlled by a specific player. During the game, the Shadow Pawn moves between locations, stopping players at the same location from using certain bonus moves. At the end of the game, The Shadow Pawn counts as another player pawn, cancelling the bonus points earned for any other pawn present with it. This means extra chances to screw your opponents over... or for them to screw with you!

The Über Package and The Shadow Pawn can be used independently or together allowing for even more variation within the game. As with other components, these will be high quality, lightweight, wooden components.

More info on these two additions will be revealed soon!

Thanks,

Shep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: LIVE on Kickstarter NOW - FINAL 48 HOURS!

Wow, where did that time go!

This project has been quite a ride. Thank you to each and everyone of you for backing, sharing, supporting and spreading the word about this project. It's a success because of all of you and I seriously appreciate it. I'm totally humbled.

We are edging very close to the awesome box upgrade now, which is really exciting but those final stretch goals are also starting to look well within reach. So, what can we do to make sure you get all that extra stuff in your game?

1. Share the campaign. Post about it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, your favourite discussion forum. Anywhere. Seriously, just saying 'hey folks, have you seen this?' can make a huge difference. If each person that reads this made a post about the campaign and shared the link we'd fly thorough those final stretch goals and I'd love you forever.

2. 'Like' Half Wing Games on Facebook. Click here to pop over to Facebook -> https://www.facebook.com/HalfWingGames/

This one is two fold. Firstly, it makes me feel all warm and special when people like me. Secondly, the social goal will be unlocked at 300 likes, meaning everyone will get a laser etched wooden coin (for resolving ties/who goes first etc) included in their game. If only one third of current backers click the link and throw us a like, you'll all get that upgrade. If more of you do it, then I'll feel really popular this year! Yay

3. Suggest us for 'Most Anticipated Game of 2017'. Board Game Geek currently has a poll for the most anticipated game of 2017. Now, I know there are some awesome games due out next year, and I'm going to struggle to compete with Pandemic Legacy: Season 2, but even so, throwing a like to the entry for Package!? there will help build some anticipation and hopefully throw a few more people towards the campaign over the next few days....

Link -> https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217265/item/5044470#item5...

The link should take you straight to the entry, but Package!? is entry 278 if not.

4. Double your pledge amount. No, seriously. That would do it

Once again, THANK YOU all for making this campaign what it is. I am seriously excited to deliver you a great game. As always, if you have any questions or comments please leave them below, drop me a PM, or head over to the comments thread. I have learnt so much from the experience of running this project, not only from actually doing it, but also from listening to the great feedback and comments received on KS. You guys rock.

Lets end this campaign with a BANG!

Big Love,

Shep

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/334979400/package-an-ab...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Amazing news guys! Thanks to a flurry of new backers, the awesome box upgrade has now been unlocked! This means:

Each copy of the game game box will be printed with a gorgeous spot UV finish. This is, in my opinion, easily the nicest way to finish a box!
Each copy of the limited edition wooden box version of Package!? will have the backers name (or any name the backer chooses - or no etch if they prefer - this will be clarified in the backer survey after the campaign) etched onto the box. Personalisation at its best!
Thank you so much everyone for taking us this far!

It's just a short hop to the next stretch goal... the super mini-expansion of 'The Über Package', at £6750. Lets do this!

Shep

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/334979400/package-an-ab...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Über Package has been unlocked! That means more ways to play Package!? now included with every game!

I'm really excited to be able to include this extra game mode for everyone. I really love how this messes with peoples strategies and alters the way in which points are scored - It makes the location it occupies even more valuable, but drastically de-values adjacent locations. This is a very different dynamic to the game which opens up loads of extra playability.

We are just a tiny hop away from the Über Package's partner in crime - The Shadow Pawn mini-expansion.

Thanks all! Lets make the last 24 hours of the campaign a big one!

Shep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We've done it folks! The Shadow Pawn super mini-expansion has been unlocked. It's an amazing feeling to get these extras added during the last 24 hours of the campaign!

The Shadow Pawn adds extra chances to mess with your opponents by denying their ability to pull off certain moves and by capping their end-game bonuses... But be wary, The Shadow Pawn can be controlled by all players so can be used against you just as easily!

It's the last few hours so don't miss out on pledging now.

Thanks again everyone!

Shep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you all so much for making this game a reality. The expression, "I couldn't have done it without you", is fairly over used, but in this instance it's pretty damn apt!

As a first time creator it's a daunting experience. Despite swallowing up mountains of information from those who have walked this path before me and putting in countless hours of prep, there is still this great fear - What if no one backs me? What if the play testers were wrong and no one like the idea of the game? What if, what if, what if. To be able to open yourself to the world of crowdfunding and receive feedback and input from backers is a hugely powerful and motivating thing. I thank Kickstarter for providing such a platform and I thank YOU, the backers being involved and making this campaign a success.

So what happens next.

1. I am going to get some lunch and spend an hour with my family who have hardly seen me for weeks. Yay. Then back to it!

2. Kickstarter should forward your pledge payments to me in around 14 days to allow me to get the ball rolling. That'll be a nice Christmas present!

3. Over the next few weeks I'll be finalising some language uses in the rules, formatting the rules for the mini-expansions you guys unlocked and having Simon Lacey make everything look pretty.

4. Files will be prepped in between eating turkey and playing games over the Christmas period.

5. I am planning to submit everything to the manufacturers early January for them to begin prep on the production sample. As 95% of the design and layout is finished I am able to make a move on this step site quickly.

6. Backer surveys will be sent over soon so I can clarify the numbers for the play mat and to confirm the names required on the wooden boxes etc.

As soon as other time scales become clearer I will post them here. I want you all to be in the loop for each step of the process. There have been suggestions on polls for a few items as well. I will put some thought into these over the coming days and report back as soon as possible.

I will continue to be as responsive as possible to the comments thread on Kickstarter (as well as Facebook/Twitter etc.) so please get in touch with any questions, but please do bare with me while I get everything ready for manufacture.

Once again, thank you. You have made a dream a reality for me and that means a great deal. Plus, when my kids friends say, "what does your dad do?", they can now reply, "he makes boardgames". Serious cool dad points. Thanks all!

Big love,

Shep - Half Wing Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
I somehow missed this one when it was on Kickstarter! Is it too late to get in?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shep @ Half Wing Games
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the message. It's not too late. Pre-orders are available at the Kickstarter upto the point that rewards start to ship.

Link to pre-order -> http://halfwinggames.com/shop/

Thanks dude!

Shep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.