Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC all the armies had 2 tokens, with one spare. Did that change recently? This army had only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
IIRC all the armies had 2 tokens, with one spare. Did that change recently? This army had only one.

Every 3.0 army has just 1 HQ token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought so, but then I've looked into my Doomsday Machine (3.0) and it still had 2 tokens, so I wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saúl Martínez
Mexico
La Paz
Baja California Sur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:

All my Neuroshima Hex! 3.0 expansions came with 2 HQ markers(or tokens). I guess you are refering to the little one used to count the remaining hit points.

After reading the rulebooks it seems that the newest armies (Dancer and Death Breath) have only one HQ marker/token. Maybe the next armies are going to continue this tendency about having only one HQ token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! So I wasn't imagining things. Yeah, I guess they're changing something.

Weirdly enough, the "blank" army token is still there. I think this blank token comes from a part of Portal still living in the past. Noone is ever going to use them anymore and draw on them with a sharpie. We're in the world of request/buy replacements now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saúl Martínez
Mexico
La Paz
Baja California Sur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Aha! So I wasn't imagining things. Yeah, I guess they're changing something.

Weirdly enough, the "blank" army token is still there. I think this blank token comes from a part of Portal still living in the past. Noone is ever going to use them anymore and draw on them with a sharpie. We're in the world of request/buy replacements now.

I think the main reason is because they print the tiles for the expansions in bunch of 12 per sheet and as all armies have 35 tiles there is always one leftover tile. Certainly it's better to buy the missing tile but meanwhile it arrives you can use the replacement tile to continue playing
I can't think on something else Portal Games could print on that 36th spare tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spare HQ token comes to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Spare HQ token comes to mind.

A blank tile seems more useful for replacing a lost tile (or for making some homebrew new unit/action). Is a HQ more likely to be lost than some other token for some reason? Or is there some reason for wanting 2 HQ tiles in some scenario I'm not thinking of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Is a HQ more likely to be lost than some other token for some reason?

Given its size, yes.

russ wrote:
Or is there some reason for wanting 2 HQ tiles in some scenario I'm not thinking of?

Duel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
russ wrote:
Is a HQ more likely to be lost than some other token for some reason?

Given its size, yes.

How? The HQ tile is the same size as the other tiles, isn't it...?

Quote:
russ wrote:
Or is there some reason for wanting 2 HQ tiles in some scenario I'm not thinking of?

Duel.

What does "duel" mean in this context? If e.g. you wanted to have a duel of Death Breath vs Death Breath, you'd need 2 of all the other tiles too, so I guess you mean something else I'm still not thinking of. I always play simple 2-player 1 army vs 1 other army games, so I don't know much about other scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HQ token != HQ tile. HQ token isn't a hex, it's the small round token to mark points.

Duel is https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/43262/neuroshima-hex-due.... The board is different and uses 2 HQ tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, doh! I was thinking of the hexagonal pieces, not the circular pieces. All clear now. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.