Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: ERRATA list rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for DOTZ3 does not seem to have manya errors. Still, I think it can be helpful for new players to compile existing errata. Please post official errata (that is, based on information from VPG [or if you´re really really sure]) in comments. Quotes indicating official answers are very much appreciated. Do not post rules questions or errata questions. I will post what little errata I have found so far. Some of it may be viewed as rule clarifications rather than errata. If the posts add up, I guess I´ll post something in the Files section as well.

ERRATA

Q: Setup says to use a number of regular civilians. Which ones?
A. These are drawn and placed randomly, following instructions for placement.

Q: Page 43 of the A to Zeds Book on the Rules Reference in Sequence of Play Order in the Housekeeping heading #2, second bullet states that when order is restored to -1 Infection. Rule 7.2 on page 23 of the A to Zeds book states to increase the infection level by one. It also states this in the Level Up! Rulebook for Rule 7.2 on page 10. Which is correct, decrease or increase?
A:
Quote:
Restoring Order INCREASES infection.

Alan Emrich

Q: Page 8 in the Setup and Epilogue Book (Outbreak!: Level 1). Is the setup of 5 villagers a mistake , because they are first introduced at Level 2?
A: Yes, they're introduced for Level 2. So they shouldn't show up for Level 1 set-up.

Q: Page 8 in the Setup and Epilogue Book (Outbreak!: Level 1). Is the setup of "Noelle Hell Razer" Disease Spreader a mistake, because it´s first introduced at Level 2?
A: Yes, it´s introduced for Level 2. So it shouldn't show up for Level 1 set-up.

Q: Ranger Long-Range Fire Penalty On the Reference card it mentions this penalty but not in the Farmingdale Dossier. Which is correct?
A:
Quote:
Developer Petra Schlunk says:

"I believe we have always taken a penalty on this. Interestingly the long range attack penalty did not make it into the rules anywhere except on specific unit cards. In this case, the Reference card wins, imo."

Alan Emrich

Q: Does Pickles´ Noisy Bark work on a Start Space?
A:
Quote:
[The rules] state that the START space represent vast, off-map areas. If there is no shooting there, the logic is pretty straightforward that barking won't be able to cover all that ground, either.

Alan Emrich

EDIT 2017-01-29
I have created a document of errata in the Files section, where new errata will be added. I won't update this thread anymore. If you find new errata, please comment on the file instead, and I can add it to the document.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I find new ERRATA or rules clarifications that fit, I´ll update the first entry of this thread, not post new comments.

If other members find new ERRATA or rules clarifications that fit, please post those in comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Ricky royals videos it was said that special event cards only take place on tracks with lesser than two zeds.

Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@cador2

Read the first comment. Do not post questions here, unless you've got the answers. I suggest you post your question in a new thread in the Rules Forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.