Subject: Purpose Fighting Art Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about the Purpose FA; is it a one off use? Or can I in theory keep surviving receiving bleeding tokens so long as:

1. Other survivors are alive and on the board
2. I keep rolling 6+

My take is is that so long as the above 2 pre-requisites are met every time I could theoretically accrue infinite bleeding tokens on the survivor with this fighting art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Smith
msg tools
We just pulled the same card and were fighting over the same bit.

Text of the card:
During the showdown, if you would gain a lethal number of bleeding tokens while there are any other standing survivors, roll 1d10. On a 6+, you live but are knocked down. You will not bleed to death until you gain another bleeding token.

The FA holder says that the gaining of the next bleed token re-triggers the roll to keep not dying because there is a period after bleeding token. So when you add the next token, the first sentence of Purpose gets re-triggered. He also points out that the 'Black Blood' ability in Sunstalker xpac (where Purpose comes from) is too much of an edge case to trigger otherwise (requiring you to go from 4 tokens straight to 6 tokens).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, I always played it that you can survive bleeding indefinitely if you keep rolling 6+.

unconscious fighter is a lot better, in the other case, and I don't think that Poots is the type of designer to make overlooks that obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unconscious fighter is better but Purpose isn't bad per se.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote the last sentence bad (because it's a pain to write with swype cellphone in another language): I meant that if purpose works only for the sixth token at 50%, then an expansion FA is way inferior to a core FA, and I don't think that's the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
I wrote the last sentence bad (because it's a pain to write with swype cellphone in another language): I meant that if purpose works only for the sixth token at 50%, then an expansion FA is way inferior to a core FA, and I don't think that's the case.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, if Purpose works indefinitely (so long as you roll 6+) then it is indeed on par with or better than Unconscious Fighter. As you could in theory have infinite bleeding tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.