Luke O'Rafferty
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SHCD just arrived in the post and I have received the 2016-2 edition. I have heard that it fixes some/most/all of the mistakes previously found in the game.

Which is it? Is the game now playable barring the odd typo? Or do I still need to be aware that certain cases are unsolvable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope! You're all good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weren't there corrections made to newspapers that were not fixed in the recent reprint though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Kilada
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious where you found 2016-2 to purchase. I haven't been able to find a place to order yet that guarantees I'll receive that reprint. Would appreciate any info you can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HJ Lee
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Yes, 2 newspapers were not corrected. You can download corrected versions from the unofficial errata posted on BGG. So far, I did find that one of the corrected newspapers did help a lot in solving one of the middle cases, so I would recommend the posted errata for that reason.

As for the correction to case 3 ...

MILD SPOILER AHEAD:

The corrected 2016 Ystari version of Case 3 did fix some of the more glaring "mistakes" in 2014 Ystari version, which implicated a different suspect than the one presented in the solution. They weren't deliberate red herrings, but left over clues from the older Sleuth version which had a different killer. The case is entirely solvable in the corrected Ystari English version, since you are no longer torn between two different suspects.

SLIGHTLY BIGGER SPOILER:

However, there is still missing information in the Ystari corrected version. In the unofficial errata version, there are additional clues pointing to the new killer. So the Ystari corrected version is solvable. The unofficial errata version is more easily solved, as there is information which gives more motive to the new killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Rafferty
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy on Amazon UK. I had no guarantee on which edition I'd get, but this is the one I received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.