Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My best guess is Deep Madness (I assume that's what you meant). The Edge: Dawnfull looks like it's more focused on the versus mode and there haven't been too many details about how solo play will work (and by too many, I mean none).

Shadows on Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress could be good, but I've seen some complaints about people not still having all their stuff from previous kickstarters - so maybe...but back with care?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Richard
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I own The first two core boxes of Shadows of Brimstone so I can say a few things about them, but I don't know much about the others. SoB is great solo. I've played it a lot and it's fun but there's a lot to keep track of on your own, especially if you're playing 3-4 characters. The rules are fairly simple though, and the A.I. is fairly well done. There's a lot of additional content, which I think will compatible with the new one on KS. Models are just mediocre quality, but are easy to assemble and fun to paint.

I backed The Edge: Dawnfall and it looks to be fun but I really don't know much about its solo rules yet. Deep Darkness I had to say no to, it seems similar to some other games I already own, though I would like to play it.

I recommend reading and watching some playthroughs if you can find them to get a better feel for these games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke S.
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
This seems to be accurate. I would add that The Edge: Dawnfall does have the darkness faction, which has its own single player campaign apparently that culminates in a horde-type survival mode.
This definitely seems to be a small portion of the campaign though, with the majority of it being pvp focused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Onay
msg tools
mb
Enrico, The Edge will have a complete solo/co-op campaign (however you decide the play). AS it is a skirmish game though you will get most of your replayability out of PvP. So there is a lot of solo content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alyis wrote:
Enrico, The Edge will have a complete solo/co-op campaign (however you decide the play). AS it is a skirmish game though you will get most of your replayability out of PvP. So there is a lot of solo content.

Which level of backing and which modules/expansions do you suggest to buy for solo playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Zennaro
Italy
Spinea
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mae68it wrote:
I will be a solo gamer.

So, which is better:

1) The Edge: Dawnfall
2) Deep Madness
3) Shadows on brimstone: Forbidden Fortress

(I have money for backing only one)

4) Kingdom Death Monster. Great solo game. New ks start 25 November
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke S.
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
If you are only doing solo play, you should be satisfied with the faction level. This gets you a single faction for yourself, and a darkness faction to be controlled by the game.
Other optional buys that are solo/coop focused are the second lord of terror expansion (father of the sun), and the boss monster expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cang Ling Yee
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Pax Vobiscum
mbmbmbmbmb
mae68it wrote:
alyis wrote:

Which level of backing and which modules/expansions do you suggest to buy for solo playing?

If you are only playing solo, getting the faction box is a good idea (gentler on the budget too)
That box comes with the Darkness AI, Bell Crow expansion (boss)

You can also add on
1.) Father of the Sun
2.) Prime Darkness
3.) Boss Expansion Bundle (cardboard for budget, resin if you want to splurge)

All of these will provide decent gaming hours for the solo gamer

*I do not recommend getting DM if you are only playing solo. DM is more like a multiplayer solitaire if you are going alone because you will need to control a specific amount of character by yourself. Lots more housekeeping.
*I am unfamiliar with SOB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.