Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Douglas
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I bought this game as a gift for my sister and had a couple questions before I try to teach it. Can the FI place a bullet away from word clues (eg on the card title) if none of the clues are helpful in this case or does it have to be placed on the word clues? Also can the FI place a bullet sideways or on the line to indicate two adjacent words? Someone mentioned the example of Anthrax and people were confused about poisoning vs. disease. I looked at the rules yesterday and thought it said you had to place one bullet on each card and can not reposition the bullet after placement, but don't remember it addressing anything more. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fields
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you have to do this. I think that for two reasons... 1) it adds to the confusion by giving a red-herring, so to speak. 2) but also, there's information to be gained by replacing that card in subsequent rounds.

That's my take. Hope it helped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Each clue tile must have exactly one bullet placed on exactly one word.
This isn't optional or flexible.

However, the FS can "game" the system a bit by purposefully over hesitating on irrelevant clues or solidly thunking a bullet down on a real incriminating word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buttons McBoomboom
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with the previous comments.

That said, when I teach the game I make it a point tO mention that some clues might not be a big help to the investigators. Which means there's probably a reason why *that* clue was picked last. (It will probably be replaced anyways.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alenros
Israel
Tel-Kazir
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also recommend teaching the game without the timed accusations phase.
Freeform debating the suspects seems to work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
alenros wrote:
I would also recommend teaching the game without the timed accusations phase.
Freeform debating the suspects seems to work fine.

Many groups prefer this way.
When I play these days I generally give a group discussion period of about 30seconds/player after the final bullet is placed.

I only enforce individual presentations if some noisy players are downing out quieter ones as everyone should have a chance to have their ideas heard.

Different groups prefer different presentation styles. As long as everyone is having fun, you are doing it right.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.