Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Arcane Slot - 2-Handed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil Nygaard
msg tools
mb
Hi

Just some speculation. So far we have seen 2 handed items such as the Shotgun, but we haven't seen any 2 handed spells yet, have we?

What do you think this could be? Would it just be really powerful spells, or maybe it could be weaknesses that "clutter your mind" (takes an arcane slot).

Has anything been spoiled out of the expansions with regard to this?

I thought about it when I was looking at the Book of Shadows where you get an extra arcane slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if we will see any or not. It would certainly be a big disadvantage for a Mystic to only be able to have one spell available so that would have to be a REALLY powerful spell to be worth it.

A weakness is sort of possible, but again you'd need to have it on an unusually strong Investigator to make them attractive or people would just play someone else. Either that or at least give them an ability to get their spells back after they get forgotten.

Honestly I'm not sure we'll see spells that take two arcane slots and if we do they will be very rare and probably only used by specific investigators, which to me suggests that you wouldn't want to release them too early when we're still building up the card pool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
If we use the board game as a guide then something like Dread Curse Of Azathoth was an extremely powerful attack spell in that game and it required two hand slots. Also Bind Monster was a two handed spell that you discarded after using if I remember correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
A weakness is sort of possible, but again you'd need to have it on an unusually strong Investigator to make them attractive or people would just play someone else.

I think Daisy is an excellent example of almost exactly this Weakness, and her Tote Bag as a counter to it. I see no reason something similar wouldn't work for Arcane slots.

Now I'm thinking Dexter Drake should have Prestidigitation, an Arcane Spell he must equip when he draws it, that shows him pulling a rabbit from a hat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.