Darklight: Memento Mori» Forums » General

Subject: Any playtests? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been wondering, does this game have any playtests that we might be able to get in on? I'm checking everyday for news from this game, I just wanna play it so much! I'd love to playtest it honestly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
shogekiha wrote:
I've been wondering, does this game have any playtests that we might be able to get in on? I'm checking everyday for news from this game, I just wanna play it so much! I'd love to playtest it honestly.

Well a while back the plan was to have people testing it on table top simulator. Right now we are way too busy to focus on TTS.

The only other alternative was if you lived in Scotland and came to Dundee for a game during the weekend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll catch a train right now! But seriously, if I had the graphics for a test game I could make a TTS module for you. I'm busy yes, but not so busy I can't do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
We already have a very helpful backer that is helping us out, but thanks a lot for the offer. If he won't be able to work on it for any reason I will make sure to ask for your help instead!

Like I said so far I am so busy I do not have time to dedicate to a TTS game, that will have to wait until later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Persson
Denmark
flag msg tools
I am also looking forward to hearing more about this. The gameplay video was nice, but I had a bit of a hard time understanding what was going on at times, so it would be really nice to have other options when it comes to learning the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
esqulax wrote:
I am also looking forward to hearing more about this. The gameplay video was nice, but I had a bit of a hard time understanding what was going on at times, so I would be really nice to have other options when it comes to learning the gameplay.

I completely understand and toward the end of this project it is on our list to have some renowned boardgame reviewer (the kind that often do playing tutorials too), to have their hands on Darklight.

Something along these lines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ytmBjB6bY

I still have to look around for the right person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
MauroP wrote:
esqulax wrote:
I am also looking forward to hearing more about this. The gameplay video was nice, but I had a bit of a hard time understanding what was going on at times, so I would be really nice to have other options when it comes to learning the gameplay.

I completely understand and toward the end of this project it is on our list to have some renowned boardgame reviewer (the kind that often do playing tutorials too), to have their hands on Darklight.

That's Rodney from Watch It Played. I really like his work and would have suggested him. I think a lot of the others are more opinion or preview oriented. Unfortunately, with the thoroughness he does, he doesn't put out too many games each year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
rpvt wrote:
MauroP wrote:
esqulax wrote:

That's Rodney from Watch It Played. I really like his work and would have suggested him. I think a lot of the others are more opinion or preview oriented. Unfortunately, with the thoroughness he does, he doesn't put out too many games each year.

Yeah if he is available I'd love to get in touch with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
watchitplayed(at)live(dot)com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Whittington
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may, I would suggest getting in touch with UndeadViking (https://boardgamegeek.com/user/UndeadViking), as he seems to post a lot of preview videos on youtube and Darklight appears to be the type of game he really loves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thanks for the suggestion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe Shut Up & Sit Down? They reviewed Kingdom Death Monsters (that is not a small tasks).

They are in Coop Games, Tactic Games and large scale ones sometimes too (Twilight Imperium for example.

But normally they wont do Kickstarters :/ until the game is out and avaible in stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.