Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just backed the Man vs. Meeple Kickstarter to get the Islebound promo variant "Masked Pirate Ship." Can anyone tell me what it does? I backed because MvM is awesome, but also because there's always room for more Red Raven Games goodies on my shelf!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and.... now i am a backer too.... what's it do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Who cares! We're all backers because we love the game and want this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I care. I've subscribed to this thread because I want to know what it does. Also, because I'm not a fan of Man vs. Meeple, I don't want to just hand them money for something I might not want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have specific details, but I suspect this promo will function similarly to the Deep Fog expansion (which culminates in a confrontation or diplomacy victory once the beast is revealed).

However, it is officially supported by RRG, so perhaps a no-brainer for fans of all things Laukat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
However, it is officially supported by RRG, so perhaps a no-brainer for fans of all things Laukat...

TBH, anything with Ryan's name on it is an instant purchase for me, but I'd still REALLY like to know what it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone asked the MvM campaign or RRG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Diem
msg tools
There is a description of the promo card.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/679793394/man-vs-meeple...

I hope Ryan Laukat will sell this Promo also in the geek store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they sold deep fog in the geek store and now an above and below card. i hope this comes there. hard to justify the price for a single card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danimal13 wrote:
they sold deep fog in the geek store and now an above and below card. i hope this comes there. hard to justify the price for a single card

If you're thinking of backing their Kickstarter only as buying a promo card, then I agree that it's not worth it. I backed because Man v. Meeple is a great resource and consider the promos as icing on the cake!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
true enough Jason. i have backed them as i do watch their show. only really eyeing the Islebound promo - then a toss up between massive darkness and Santorini. If the islebound will be in the geek store, i'll wait for it there and go for the other two with this campaign. i don't own any of the other games they are doing promos for (though i have enjoyed their reviews of a few... after xmas maybe ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danimal13 wrote:
true enough Jason. i have backed them as i do watch their show. only really eyeing the Islebound promo - then a toss up between massive darkness and Santorini. If the islebound will be in the geek store, i'll wait for it there and go for the other two with this campaign. i don't own any of the other games they are doing promos for (though i have enjoyed their reviews of a few... after xmas maybe ).

Yeah, I'm in for 5 of them (Clank!, Imperial Settlers, Black Orchestra, Terraforming Mars, and Islebound). I originally pledged the full collector's edition and planned on selling/gifting the other 15 to make my pledge money back, but decided it wasn't worth the effort and possibly not in the spirit of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Diem
msg tools
I ask Brenna from Red Raven Games.

That was her answer:

Hello Ruben,

Yes, that's correct! The Masked Pirate Ship promo is only available through the Man vs. Meeple Kickstarter.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

Kind regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.