20 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tibus Guild Lord Rules? How do I use this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon McClay
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My kickstarter came in and I finished reading all the rules. How do I use this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the back of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me try and help from memory as my cards are at home.

The Tibus Guild Lord actions, when playing either co-op or solo, are driven by cards drawn from the main deck. After you have taken your turn, you draw the top card from the main deck and 1) add the card's cost to Tibus' attack pool, then 2) perform the action (located at the bottom of his card) that corresponds to the symbol of the card you just drew. If it's yellow, you perform that action. If red, then that action. Etc. Tibus then attacks you with his attack pool value, usually taking out your champions and guards first before attacking you directly. After this it's your turn again.

I realize this is brief, but I hope this in conjunction with reading Tibus' card-back you find it helpful.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Reichenau
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that if the card is a champion it stays out in front of him as a champion. I didn't do that the first time I played him and won easily... after correcting the mistake he was a much tougher opponent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guillemette
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few more questions on this.
1) If the champions (and guards) still serve their normal capacity, then can you still ignore normal champions and hit him instead?
2) If so, the only point I can see for the champions is to be a colour card for matching, correct? Or does their combat value (ie price in top right corner) or other abilities do anything?
-When I played, I didn't count champions except as a colour (and they would get wiped by the colour match), so that was cheaper to take a hit than to spend combat beating them up... Turns out I beat him quite easily, but not sure if that was from randomness...

Either way, it is an interesting challenge solo, could be even more interesting as a group with so much more hit points!
-Matthew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Matthew, your assumptions are correct.
Although I do not know if it's recommended to ignore his champions without guard as I didn't face him right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta love how Star Realms' Nemesis Beast and Pirates Of The Dark Star, as well as this card, have EXACTLY the same abilities on the two cards, and therefore do not need to exist as two cards when you only had to say "for each player, this card has X health. On it's turn, and for each player, this card does Y."

Why did they even need to create a solo version, which was basically = to: therefore, if there is only one player, this card has X*1 health, and only acts once each turn".

Duh. I had to say this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Reichenau
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. That's how I played it. Guard champions are basically a damage soak for him while normal champions are just like the other drawn cards.

2. I think normal champions are just like action cards and only matter for the matching. You still have to stun his guard champions before you can hurt him, though.

I'm glad they added these two cards... I enjoyed playing Star Realms solo and this is pretty much the same thing. I'm looking forward to trying out the challenge decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jllama wrote:
1. That's how I played it. Guard champions are basically a damage soak for him while normal champions are just like the other drawn cards.

2. I think normal champions are just like action cards and only matter for the matching. You still have to stun his guard champions before you can hurt him, though.

You have to stun champions in front of him to get rid of them while action cards in front of him are sacrificed if you would let him discard cards (the method to remove those cards is different dependent on the card type) as far as I know. I do not have the cards with me right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon McClay
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did it not occur to me to look at the back of the card?!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Carew
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Don't feel to bad, I did the same. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify my understanding or misunderstanding... A regular champion, played by Tibus, remains in front of him. On future turns for Tibus, do these champions continue to perform their faction color action, on the front of the Tibus card, and/or gains the combat equal to the champion's cost? Sorry, confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's written on his cards but I do not have them with me.
My understanding: Cards drawn stay in front of him but he only gets once the combat/faction bonus. The difference between action/champion cards is that champions can be stunned and guards protect him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Topheth wrote:
... After you have taken your turn, you draw the top card from the main deck and 1) add the card's cost to Tibus' attack pool...

So you add the cost of ALL the cards out each turn? so if I drew a 6 cost card last turn, then an 8 cost card this turn he would hit me for 14? Then if I drew a 5 cost the following turn he would hit me for 19? Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He gets combat for each card he draws, this means cards he has drawn in previous turns doesn't count. He already has drawn those cards and received the combat bonus and faction effect. Guards may protect him and the other cards in front of him serve the purpose to match all 4 colours and deal 15 additional damage (if so, then all cards will be sacrificed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this how it works?

Someone suggested in an other topic that solo challenge cards should take the card they remove as the trigger, instead of the card they draw, as it would help the player control what happens better, instead of suffering a streak of high-value green cards or yellow cards in Star Realms (which happens to me all the time of course). That way, you could make better use of your cards, especially those who can scrap/sacrifice in the trade row.

I wish they would have gone with that here :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
He gets combat for each card he draws, this means cards he has drawn in previous turns doesn't count. He already has drawn those cards and received the combat bonus and faction effect. Guards may protect him and the other cards in front of him serve the purpose to match all 4 colours and deal 15 additional damage (if so, then all cards will be sacrificed).

I thought that's how it's played. Thanks for confirming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dysart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Tried this a couple times tonight and not sure I have everything right. (I also forgot to make him attack my champions before attacking me directly, so I got big combo turns I shouldn't have.) Most of my questions have been answered in this thread already, but I'm unsure about his blue abiliby. If I reveal a blue card for Tibus' card, I add its cost to his combat pool and reveal another. Do I add that card's cost to his combat pool as well? If it's blue, do I keep going? Just adding another card to his collection would mean potentially adding more guards or more cards to collect all colors so would be hard enough. Also adding combat or chaining blues would be brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briand wrote:
Tried this a couple times tonight and not sure I have everything right. (I also forgot to make him attack my champions before attacking me directly, so I got big combo turns I shouldn't have.) Most of my questions have been answered in this thread already, but I'm unsure about his blue abiliby. If I reveal a blue card for Tibus' card, I add its cost to his combat pool and reveal another. Do I add that card's cost to his combat pool as well? If it's blue, do I keep going? Just adding another card to his collection would mean potentially adding more guards or more cards to collect all colors so would be hard enough. Also adding combat or chaining blues would be brutal.

Your question has been officially answered in another thread Good hunting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dysart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Oddly, it was *not* answered in the thread specifically about that ability (see here). For those who don't want to search: yes, the second or more card does add combat, and if it's blue you do reveal another card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.