3 Posts

Nations» Forums » General

Subject: Any ideas to improve and/or possibly balance the game for two rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
I've read that military can be a problem when playing with two (and maybe even with more). Someone suggested trading Stability instead of Military when determining turn order. Any other suggestions/variants? What other issues does the game have with two players?

The reason I ask is I just picked up the game with the expansion and would like to alleviate any problems before hand. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the solo tiles to generate a 3rd player that competes for book, military, and stability. This forces both players to keep up, instead of having one player completely give up on books. It also makes events more interesting.

As far as card draw, we use the Nations: Dynasties variant, limiting the number of types of cards that are allowed on the main board each age. It gives a much more balanced selection, rather than having something like 5 natural wonders and 4 wars on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had the same thought. I have posted a solo variant that simulates an artificial opponent and makes use of the standard solo tiles to introduce a 3rd (pseudo) player, which is just there to make things more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.