Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
News from TGN -

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/cmon-limited-and-cranio-cr...
Quote:

Cranio Creations and CMON Limited are teaming up to add more games to your collection. There will be an English version of Lorenzo il Magnifico as well as an updated version of Council of 4. I’ve actually gotten a chance to see the Lorenzo il Magnifico rulebook. If you’re a fan of worker placement and resource management, you’ll be in for a real treat there.

Lorenzo il Magnifico puts you in charge of a wealthy family during the Italian Renaissance. You’ll be competing to become the most influential of all, gathering resources and working on various development projects in order to do so. As for Council of 4, you’ll take on the role of merchants in an Empire divided into 3 kingdoms. Your goal is to build Emporiums in the various kingdoms, having to influence (through bribery, political maneuvering, or whatever means necessary) the various Councils of four nobles in each Kingdom (hence the name of the game, you see).

Cranio Creations’ CEO and Founder, Lorenzo Tucci Sorrentino, says, “CMON is the right partner to bring Cranio Creations’ games and brand to an international audience.” He continues, “Unusual Suspects was incredibly well received by our American audience, and we believe Lorenzo il Magnifico and this new version of Council of 4 will both be success stories.” David Preti, Creative Director of CMON, commented, “As an avid fan of euro games, I’ve always followed Cranio Creations’ titles. Lorenzo il Magnifico and the brand-new version of Council of 4 fit perfectly into our growing games catalog, and CMON is pleased to welcome such a talented team to our family.”

You can expect to see both of these games hitting store shelves in the 2nd quarter of next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Cool, finally announced. This and Council of Four are on their way finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Faber
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It was pretty much inevitable that this would happen within hours of me ordering the game in Italian. At least I won't have to wait until Q2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxlongstreet wrote:
It was pretty much inevitable that this would happen within hours of me ordering the game in Italian. At least I won't have to wait until Q2.

May I ask from where you ordered?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Faber
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
maxlongstreet wrote:

Uplay.it. I still don't regret it - the game looks so good I want it now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I ordered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
maxlongstreet wrote:
MDJD wrote:
maxlongstreet wrote:

Uplay.it. I still don't regret it - the game looks so good I want it now!

Uplay.it - What a clever url!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not waiting, either. Went ahead and ordered from Italy and should have it in a week or two. From the looks, CMON isn't doing anything physically to it so why wait?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also want to order it now but I see the game is in Italian and although it's language independent it seems the appendix with the cards explanation is not available anywhere. How you guys are dealing with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
adamredwoods wrote:

Hopefully they leave this one alone. Not happy with the new look of Council of Four at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardTogether wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:

Hopefully they leave this one alone. Not happy with the new look of Council of Four at all.

I saw a mock-up somewhere -- it was the same box, but with CMON in the Cranio spot (in a more or less appropriate color and font)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
BoardTogether wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:

I saw a mock-up somewhere -- it was the same box, but with CMON in the Cranio spot (in a more or less appropriate color and font)

It looks like they changed covers. This appears to be the CMON edition:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Saluga
United States
Ramsey
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Wretched Git wrote:
BoardTogether wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:

It looks like they changed covers. This appears to be the CMON edition:

I think Wretched Git was referring to the Lorenzo cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Fingers crossed but I think they are leaving Lorenzo alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If CMON wanted to do something a bit nicer than wooden cylinders with stickers then I'd welcome it. Otherwise I like it as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.