Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Retail Contents rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi,

I missed out on the kickstarter for this but after seeing and reading some reviews I've become quite interested.

Maybe I missed it somewhere on the kickstarter page, but I'm not clear on what will be included in the retail version of the game. I know that the KS exclusives will not be of course, and the section marked off as exclusive king content is clear, but I didn't find whether the ones such as the spell pack and the Thaug would be included for every core box or if they will all be put into expansion packs; I've seen both situations in other kickstarter games.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See the very bottom of the Asmodee Conan page:

https://www.asmodee.us/en/games/conan/

It doesn't list each and every mini, though, so you may need another source to sort that out (but this one's from the publisher (distributor?), so it's about as official as it gets).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So from this it looks like none of the stretch goals are included, which is a shame, although there is an "and more!" at the end which still leaves me some hope Maybe this was just a description that was prepared before the stretch goals were unlocked.

Thanks for the link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Conan KS page divides up the King pledge into:
* Core
* Stretch Goals
* King Pledge

You get the stuff in the "Core" section : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/descrip...

You might also want to ask or wait to see what Monolith does with the updated rulebook and game components, which, afaik, isn't in the first retail release (?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeah, the reason I was hoping that maybe the non-exclusive stretch goals might be included in every core box is because in the graphic for the barbarian pledge level, it states core plus stretch goals have a retail value of $100. If the stretch goal content is going to be sold as additional expansions later on, then the retail value should be higher since I'm seeing the base box available on preorder for about $100 right now.

As I mentioned above, there have been other kickstarter games where some stretch goals are additions to all copies of the core game, it's just not entirely clear in this instance whether or not that's the case.

And yeah, I've also heard that the revisions won't be ready for the first wave so I'll probably wait anyways for that to be fixed, and it should also be clear by then what exactly is included at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Peeters
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
The Conan KS page divides up the King pledge into:
* Core
* Stretch Goals
* King Pledge

You get the stuff in the "Core" section : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/descrip...

You might also want to ask or wait to see what Monolith does with the updated rulebook and game components, which, afaik, isn't in the first retail release (?).

I know the rulebook will get an update, but which components will get an update? Will all backers get these updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrimetum wrote:
I know the rulebook will get an update, but which components will get an update? Will all backers get these updates?

All we know for sure can be found in your KS update mails:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...

Aside from that, there has been no word official word sent to backers (e.g. on whether the mistranslated skill cards will also be hard-copied for backers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.