Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

I'm talking about this dice tower from Zombicide black plague:
http://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/291860529007_/Zombic...

It is very useful and practical, but the dice clashing with the plastic of the tower make too much noise for my taste.

Is there a way to make this dice tower make less noise? Like gluing a sort of paper on the plastic walls to lessen the noise? Have you tried it?

Thanks for your input

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could glue felt to the inside of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melt wax into it... I think anything people come up with it might be better to get a dice tower made out of different material. I stopped using mine because they were to loud as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Melt wax into it...

Dip it into wax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
The thing is, plastic material is very sturdy, which is very good for transportation, like in a pocket. Moreover, this model gives space to stick an illustration (or multiple), which is good too.

Using felt would be nice, but I don't know where to find some, and in small quantity.

How should I put wax into the tower? I melt it beforehand, then I pour it on the walls with some kind of wooden brush?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oborn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
The thing is, plastic material is very sturdy, which is very good for transportation, like in a pocket. Moreover, this model gives space to stick an illustration (or multiple), which is good too.

Using felt would be nice, but I don't know where to find some, and in small quantity.

How should I put wax into the tower? I melt it beforehand, then I pour it on the walls with some kind of wooden brush?

You should be able to find small felt sheets in your local hobby/craft shops. I purchased some here in the US at a local place that they were very inexpensive. They also had an adhesive on one side, so you can peel and stick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
In the end, I cut some cardboard pieces from empty food boxes, and taped them on all the walls of the dice tower. Now it makes much less noise, very acceptable for my ears ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Had the felt idea for a week now. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out so well. Just tried it last night. The issue is when you put felt on the bottom tray, the dice pretty much just stop at the bottom of where they fall and you can't read the numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
chumpcore wrote:
Had the felt idea for a week now. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out so well. Just tried it last night. The issue is when you put felt on the bottom tray, the dice pretty much just stop at the bottom of where they fall and you can't read the numbers.

I have the same issue, but less problematic. It's due to the curve of the bottom of the dice tower. Since it was in plastic, it had no problem bouncing to the end, but with an added layer, the curve is less accented, and the cushy material is less bouncy.

With the additional cardboard layer, let's say 30% of the dice stops at the bottom of the tray. But after that, you can always take the dice tower into your hand, and make the dice slide a bit, there result won't change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about just roll your dice on a table? Or roll them into a dice tray with felt. It takes maybe 5 calories more to actually shake the dice in your hands lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
455_PWR wrote:
How about just roll your dice on a table? Or roll them into a dice tray with felt. It takes maybe 5 calories more to actually shake the dice in your hands lol.

Come on, give me some credit, that's the first question I asked myself laugh

For board games that take most of the table space, throwing and rolling dice on the table will kick some of the components. In term of space and practicality, a dice tray would take more space and would ask the player to "aim" the dice throw on the tray. Lastly, a folding plastic dice tower is the easiest one to transport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.