Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Alston
United States
Brevig Mission
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that I'm missing something somewhere. Last night we played our first game of this--loved it by the way, and when we did the building phase of the game, we only took one option and only did one thing from that option, for example, when we would build a ship, we would only build a single ship and wouldn't do anything else (i.e. spend research points). Did we do that wrong? It felt wrong.

Can we build as many things as we want and/do other actions during the build phase?

As I understand it, during the command phase, we can only do one thing, but in the build phase we can do more than one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do all of the building you want (and are able) to do, then move on to the command phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During your command phase you are also allowed to do multiple actions. Your only limit is the number of command tokens you have to exhaust.
As an example if you have 5 command tokens you may move 5 times or move twice, conduct an invasion, attempt hegemony and put a fleet or ship into warp. All during the same command phase and all before the next player conducts their build phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Alston
United States
Brevig Mission
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We totally played it wrong then. Last night, we would each take one actiona from each thing then it would be the next players turn. So what you're saying is that each player gets to use all of his command counters on his turn before the next players turn. Then when all the players have had their turn, then the game goes to the initiative phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve_Alst0n wrote:
We totally played it wrong then. Last night, we would each take one actiona from each thing then it would be the next players turn. So what you're saying is that each player gets to use all of his command counters on his turn before the next players turn. Then when all the players have had their turn, then the game goes to the initiative phase?

Yes, one player spends all their command tokens then play passes to the next player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear- each player takes their entire turn, consisting of the build phase and command phase, building as much as they have resources for in any order that they wish in the build phase and using as many commands as they wish for command actions during their command phase. After that the next player takes their turn in the same manner. The main restriction is that your can't do some build then some command and back to build....
There are a bunch of folks that have started threads about possible variants, but the actual rule is as described above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.