Popular Tags: [View All]
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mb
In a bizarre, and hilarious turn of events, General Washington has been wounded on his way down the road to chastise, and take over from, Lee. It was a fire combat special result that caused the Leader Loss check, then rolls of 0 and 1. He's out for 4 turns.

My question is; Do I draw a replacement leader counter to place on top of the Washington counter, and then place said replacement on any American unit on the map (as all are under his command)? I suspect this to be the case, but am unsure as to whether this new leader will have the power to end Lee's Ineptitude as happens when Washington reaches Lee? I envisage the situation as a member of Washington's staff reaching Lee, demanding to take control, and Lee refusing as he's not Washington.

An edge case to be sure, but it has actually just happened in the solo game I have on my table. I posted this when I'd stopped laughing.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude - bad break for the Americans!

Look at the leader succession rules on page 7 of the rules that came with the game. Rich Kane was very specific in how to handle these situations. Lee is now in complete command until Washington recovers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks Paul. Mitchell has just said much the same thing over on CSW (just reactivated my account over there, as there seems to be more BAR traffic).

So, Lee's Ineptitude carries on for another four turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.