9 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Card quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel T.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I opened the box today, I noticed that the cards hasn't got the "textured feel" that usually FFG games has. Elder Sign, Eldritch Horror and also Mansions of Madness all have fantastic quality, textured cards.
I'm not saying I don't like it.
I don't know if these type of cards are common or not in the LCG type of games (because you sleeve it anyway).

What do you think about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Salay
United States
Berea
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They have a bit of a polished sleek feel than a textured feel. It almost looks like they have a bit of a gloss to me. But.... To the sleeves it goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The textured ones found in games you mentioned are for board games. Where there is usually a lot less cards to print. This keeps them well preserved without needing sleeves.

Their card games are sleek n glossy usually like LOTR LCG. Since its such a mass production, it saves them money not printing on a higher quality card stock, such as the ones found in board games.

Its fine to me, as all card games I sleeve since the cards are beat up and used a lot more then board game cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel T.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Now I know that it's common in LCG's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whilst the cards are not linen finish, they're not low quality.

I am impressed by the overall production quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed the non-linen finish cards tend to not warp as much either, which I like. But yes, all their LCGs are like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
I've noticed the non-linen finish cards tend to not warp as much either, which I like. But yes, all their LCGs are like that.

CCG typically aren't linen finished, and I've found those to be better lasting overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
i was expecting linen finish too cry but its ok because Im going to sleeve all the cards anyway. I bought official ffg sleeves and I like them more than my ultra pro(they are Thicker)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:
i was expecting linen finish too cry but its ok because Im going to sleeve all the cards anyway. I bought official ffg sleeves and I like them more than my ultra pro(they are Thicker)

I must say I found the recommended FFG sleeve way too large on all sides
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.