Subject: Adding games to the DB rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Are actually going to be allowed to add the expansions to the DB this year before the day they supposedly release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I saw one or two in the pending submission queue, but most of them aren't in there yet. Need some folks to start submitting them before first

I took a closer look:
3 are pending
1 is already in the database.
I've submitted 13 entries tonight.
So that should leave 8. I can try to submit those tomorrow unless someone gets to it beforehand

Details in spoilers (just in case) below
Spoiler (click to reveal)

1 The Oracle of Delphi
2 West of Africa
3 Karuba
4 Hansa Teutonica
5 Broom Service - already in pending queue
6 King of Tokyo
7 Guild of London - already in pending queue
8 Zooloretto - already in database (Zooloretto: Christmas Gift)
9 Saboteur
10 Crisis
11 Mysterium
12 Imhotep
13 Arkwright
14 Camel Up Cards
15 Quadropolis
16 Bohemian Villages
17 Panic Lab
18 Istanbul
19 Tallinn
20 Cacao Chocolatl
21 Gold West
22 Die Portale Von Molthar
23 Arcadia Quest - already in pending queue
24 Robinson Crusoe

I've submitted entries for:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Oracle of Delphi
Cacao Chocolatl
Quadropolis (accessory - tiles are strictly alternate artwork)
King of Tokyo (accessory - new character)
Gold West
Istanbul
Imhotep
Bohemian Villages
Karuba
Robinson Crusoe
Panic Lab
Mysterium
Crisis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added the remaining promos to the database so they are all now awaiting approval

No idea if the admins will approve them soon or wait until after the 'official' release of each promo.

I'm hoping they go ahead and add them to the database soon so it's easier to trade/sell/add them to our collection
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
I've added the remaining promos to the database so they are all now awaiting approval

No idea if the admins will approve them soon or wait until after the 'official' release of each promo.

I'm hoping they go ahead and add them to the database soon so it's easier to trade/sell/add them to our collection

Yeah. Last year was VERY annoying.

If people don't want to know about them stay off the forums for this item. lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they get approved soon.... I'll forget to add them to my collection if I don't do it soon. haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
I hope they get approved soon.... I'll forget to add them to my collection if I don't do it soon. haha.

I know the feeling. I have them sitting my desk but eventually I need to put them with their respective games.

I have at least a dozen or so that I would put up for traded and in the BGG marketplace if they had their own listing. Too confusing for me bunching all into one entry for the calendar

PS: I also added the remaining expansions for those games in the Deutscher Spielepreis 2016 Goodie Box. Those too are pending approval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I rarely submit games to the system.... does it normally take this long(or longer?)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
I rarely submit games to the system.... does it normally take this long(or longer?)?

10 of them were approved today.
One of them wasn't added to the contains/contained in section so I submitted a correction for that one

Hopefully the remaining ones get approved in the next batch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
corkysru wrote:

10 of them were approved today.
One of them wasn't added to the contains/contained in section so I submitted a correction for that one

Hopefully the remaining ones get approved in the next batch

Update:
2 more were approved today

The submission for the one that wasn't marked as contained in still has not been approved

The one that already existed in the database hasn't had it's correction entry to add the contained in either

Side note - none of the entries for Deutscher Spielepreis 2016 Goodie Box have been approved either so hopefully you aren't waiting on those too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! We are up to 17!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Sweet! We are up to 17!

Technically 19 I think.
Zooloretto: Christmas Gift and Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – Runch Mini Expansion are in the database but aren't listed in the contains section.

I submitted a correction fixing this a few days ago but it hasn't been approved

Thanks - this one has been approved

On another note, two items are accessories. I've never checked to see if accessories can be linked to the contains section

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
On another note, two items are accessories. I've never checked to see if accessories can be linked to the contains section

No, I don't think so; different object types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
So we are up to 20.

The missing 4:
West of Africa: Wineries - submission pending approval
Camel Up Cards: Catch Up Trophies - submission pending approval
King of New York - accessory so it won't be in the contains section
Quadropolis - accessory so it won't be in the contains section

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
So we are up to 20.

The missing 4:
West of Africa: Wineries - submission pending approval
Camel Up Cards: Catch Up Trophies - submission pending approval
King of New York - accessory so it won't be in the contains section
Quadropolis - accessory so it won't be in the contains section

Someone else submitted the one for King of New York which was approved.
I'm hesitant to send in an edit because the way I understand it, it's an accessory (at least a dozen or so other characters are in the accessories) but got approved as a board game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is bonkers. The characters should be expansions. If the characters were a different sculpt/figure etc, then that would be an accessory.

I had a similar conversation with an admin about this, regarding the resin Colt Express replacement figures.

The DB is open for suggested edit, I'd be all for making all the new characters expansion types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
giac0m0 wrote:
That is bonkers. The characters should be expansions. If the characters were a different sculpt/figure etc, then that would be an accessory.

I had a similar conversation with an admin about this, regarding the resin Colt Express replacement figures.

The DB is open for suggested edit, I'd be all for making all the new characters expansion types.

The way it was explained to me is if it offered nothing towards game play, it is an accessory. But I really have no idea anymore.

I'm just going based on the fact there's 7 King of New York/Tokyo characters already under accessory and none (except the one in question) under board games.

Of course there's another item that is in the database as an accessory and as a board game so maybe even the admins aren't sure anymore either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
giac0m0 wrote:

The way it was explained to me is if it offered nothing towards game play, it is an accessory. But I really have no idea anymore.

I'm just going based on the fact there's 7 King of New York/Tokyo characters already under accessory and none (except the one in question) under board games.

Of course there's another item that is in the database as an accessory and as a board game so maybe even the admins aren't sure anymore either

The entire organization system needs redone. All expansions for expansions should still be related to the base game for example. Many times I have found they're not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
belial1134 wrote:
giac0m0 wrote:

The entire organization system needs redone. All expansions for expansions should still be related to the base game for example. Many times I have found they're not.

BGG needs an overarching 'family'/'series' category like VGG/RPGG do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmb
BGG does have families

King of Tokyo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
BGG does have families

King of Tokyo

2476 family entries

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:

It's not as simple as that. The Advent Calendar expansions appear if you search for the base game. Spoilers are not restricted to this item.

Christmas is ruined!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
corkysru wrote:

It's not as simple as that. The Advent Calendar expansions appear if you search for the base game. Spoilers are not restricted to this item.

Christmas is ruined!

If you don't want to know what happened on last night's episode of whatever show.. stay off social media!!

That being said you know what games the expansions are for. It has them pictured on the back of the calendar box. Don't search the forums for them then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that 2 of the items were not mini-expansions but accessories. I found Quadropolis: Christmas Tiles.
But I can't find the one for King of Tokyo.
Does it need to be added to the database?

Also Quadropolis: Christmas Tiles does not appear to be linked to the Brettspiel Adventskalender 2016 in any way. Is there not a way to show that it is included in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Kookie for King of NY/Tokyo is also an accessory. I sure wish the boardgame search included accessories as a default.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it is an accessory but I can't find it in the database. Link?

Edit: Is this it? King of Tokyo/King of New York: Kookie
I though it was Gigazaur pictured in the "rules" on the frosted site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.