Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Will the figures be released after the third age or will they stay in valhalla? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Dreher
msg tools
Hi there. It should be clear because its written on the board itself but anyway: in my opinion the minions should stay in valhalla after the third age because its the end of the world ... where is the sense in putting them back in your stock ... they cant be anywhere else than valhalla, so there cant be any rewards for releasing them back into your stock. ok its just a game but anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tinuturner wrote:
Hi there. It should be clear because its written on the board itself but anyway: in my opinion the minions should stay in valhalla after the third age because its the end of the world ... where is the sense in putting them back in your stock ... they cant be anywhere else than valhalla, so there cant be any rewards for releasing them back into your stock. ok its just a game but anyway

Ehm no. After the 3rd age another province is destroyed, after which Valhalla is released. Immediately after that the whole world is destroyed - but not before the clans have reaped some extra glory!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tinuturner wrote:

There are clan upgrades that give you points for releasing valhalla. Thats the only real point of releasing (and to get people their figures back to put in their individual bags, so you dont have to put the game away yourself)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
toddpark75 wrote:
tinuturner wrote:

There are clan upgrades that give you points for releasing valhalla. Thats the only real point of releasing (and to get people their figures back to put in their individual bags, so you dont have to put the game away yourself)

Basically the upgrade rewarding "releasing from Valhalla" gives your clan glory for dying in battle/ragnarök so it should reward you in the last Age as well (even if you thematically might think they should stay in Valhalla).

The only reason i can think of why its worded "release from " instead of "go to valhalla" its that it can all be counted at the end of any given age (instead of during) and you get to play the upgrade as a surprise at the end of the action round after you got all your guys killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.