Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Domagala
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

Can you recommend some good bag building games that is little lighter than Orleans.
I'm not looking for desk builders but strictly bag builder. I love Orleans and Automobile but need something lighter to play with my son.
Thank's a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quarriors comes to mind first.

Then there's Roll for the Galaxy, but I've never played, and I don't believe it uses a bag, though I could be wrong.

The game Spurs has a bag building element to it. But it's only one mechanic within a larger milieu of interconnected mechanics. And frankly, it's a pretty minor element of the game.

I don't know much about it, but the game Rattlebones was getting a lot of buzz a while back and it might satisfy what you're looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I suppose Hyperborea bears mentioning here, if only for the fact that it probably isn't the game you're looking for- even though it has that bag-building element- due to it's complexity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's Puzzle Strike (Third Edition), but I'm not sure that's less complex than Automobiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
Quarriors comes to mind first.

Then there's Roll for the Galaxy, but I've never played, and I don't believe it uses a bag, though I could be wrong.

The game Spurs has a bag building element to it. But it's only one mechanic within a larger milieu of interconnected mechanics. And frankly, it's a pretty minor element of the game.

I don't know much about it, but the game Rattlebones was getting a lot of buzz a while back and it might satisfy what you're looking for.

The function of the bag in Roll for the Galaxy isn't so much bag building, rather you draw random tiles from a shared bag. The dice building aspect is adding dice to your cup and your "citizenry". Excellent game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
King's Pouch could be worth a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magecraft

With that, I think all the bag builders have been named now.

There are also several more dice-builders, but they're mostly all variations on the aforementioned Quarriors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Domagala
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really like King's Pouch the rest looks as difficult as Orleans. Thank you so much everyone. I think BGG should add bag building as a separate game mechanic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice Masters is fun, especially if he's into superheroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
anyonepl81 wrote:
I think BGG should add bag building as a separate game mechanic

BGG lumps everything together under the umbrella called "Deck / Pool Building". Personally I prefer the term "Pool Optimization".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.