Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojciech Gancarz
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey,

We've just encountered this situation:
Player A had no rage and won the battle.
Player B lost the battle. He played Loki's Trickery during the battle.

It's obvious that A cannot lose any more rage. However, does B gain any?

I would say no, but I know there's a rule where if B had full rage and A had some, A would lose a point with B not gaining one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
viar wrote:
Hey,

We've just encountered this situation:
Player A had no rage and won the battle.
Player B lost the battle. He played Loki's Trickery during the battle.

It's obvious that A cannot lose any more rage. However, does B gain any?

I would say no, but I know there's a rule where if B had full rage and A had some, A would lose a point with B not gaining one.

The answer is no. You can't steal from someone without rage.

You can steal hoewever from someone when your rage bar is full (at 12). You don't get any extra but the winner still loses 1 rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arry -
msg tools
badge
mbmb
Player A has 0 dollars. Player B steals 1 dollar from him. Does he gain a dollar?

Player A has 6 dollars, player B steals 1 dollar and puts it into a full pig jar that has place only for 12 dollars. What happens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
arry1 wrote:

Player A has 6 dollars, player B steals 1 dollar and puts it into a full pig jar that has place only for 12 dollars. What happens?

The dollar tries to go into the piggy bank but can't because it is full. It then proceeds to fall onto the floor. Naturally the floor is lava and it burns up. Player A has 5 dollars and player B still only has 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Logic wins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
Logic wins!

heart The thumbs up doesnt do this justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
What we found more difficult to resolve is when the winner has 1 rage and two other players used Loki's Trickery.
Our conclusion was to let the first player in the "placing cards on the table" order steal the rage, then the other one got nothing, like discussed above.

The difference for me was that this situation is "more unfair/unlucky" for the second Tricksery player. That's because in the OP situation most likely knew that the winner has no rage / one of the possible winners has none. In my example it's a surprise that the winner lost his one remaining rage already (provided that you hide your cards while playing them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
What we found more difficult to resolve is when the winner has 1 rage and two other players used Loki's Trickery.
Our conclusion was to let the first player in the "placing cards on the table" order steal the rage, then the other one got nothing, like discussed above.

The difference for me was that this situation is "more unfair/unlucky" for the second Tricksery player. That's because in the OP situation most likely knew that the winner has no rage / one of the possible winners has none. In my example it's a surprise that the winner lost his one remaining rage already (provided that you hide your cards while playing them)

I believe that's covered in the FAQ, but anyways, players resolve battle cards in clockwise order, starting with the pillaging player. So the one closest to the pillaging player gets the last rage from the winner, and the second trickster gets nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.