Popular Tags: [View All]
joseph nicholas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Full review here: http://indietabletop.net/dumb-ass-party-game-2/

Dumb Ass Party Game
Similar to Smart Ass, this board game is all about knowing more than your friends, dumb ass. No seriously, this trivia game has made me feel incompetent of facts that I didn’t know I needed to know. But I love it. I have always been a fan of trivia. There is something about spurting out random facts that really excites me. Snapple bottles were my life for a nice while as I learned about the coolest things like The longest attack of hiccups ever lasted 68 years, fun right? Dumb ass is a board game that follows up and fixes a few of the problems seen in Smart Ass and made it’s debut around 2010. I appreciate the longer board and the setup of questions making it a bit more accessible to players who aren’t fact savvy like others would be. Unfortunately, like it’s predecessor and many trivia games like this, the longevity of its replayability is a factor. There will always be a point where some players will know cards that newer players will not, making the answer rigged.

With all that aside, Dumb Ass is a quality trivia board game with a start and a destination. You begin at one side of the board and spiral your way toward the ending by answering questions. The rules are very straight forward and bring back many attributes seen in older board games such as Life and Monopoly, so it wouldn’t necessarily be a factor for novice players to hop on. The board and structure of the components are top quality and definitely stand out for that being.

Final Thoughts
Dumb ass has improved all the problems seen in Smart Ass including the length of the board and the accessibility of the answers. With Smart ass, we saw the game end short and the answers difficult to answer if we do not know the answer, so with Dumb Ass (I guess the name makes sense now)it is now a lot easier for us to at least guess a correct answer if we don’t know and answer to it. The multiple choice is a great solution to the predecessor. It’s great for large groups up to 6 (two less than Smart Ass) and offers a nice pacing and a fluent game experience. I’ve mentioned before the replayability may come up shy because of its trivia aspect. These cards will eventually be seen by the same player more than once making memorizing the problem with this title. But regardless, with 400 cards, I’m sure it can span a nice few gameplays; especially if you ration which cards are put in play so you could always see something fresh (which is what I am doing).

You will like this game if you’re looking for a point A to point B board game involving trivia as the main mechanic.

You will not like this game if you aren’t into party games or trivia games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.