Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am still waiting for my Kickstarter copy to ship, I'd like to know if any of you have already received the game. Anyone lucky?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
Essen pickups only so far I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Young
United Kingdom
Feltham
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Tea & Crumpets (Buttered), what more can you ask for in life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy in the UK, delivered by Royal Mail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hedric3248 wrote:
Just got my copy in the UK, delivered by Royal Mail

Glad to hear that. I already got worried they might be lost at sea.

Did you get a shipping notification or did it just show up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got mine today Helsinki, Finland.

I received a shipping notification on the 29th of November, so it took a bit over a week to arrive.

At first glance everything looks allright. The miniatures look a bit soft on the details, but I'm spoiled by Warmachine and Games Workshop level of details so pretty much all the board game miniatures look a bit soft on the details for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else still waiting for their copy to arrive or for a shipping notice? End of December is drawing close pretty quickly, these days.

Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
PiHalbe wrote:
Anyone else still waiting for their copy to arrive or for a shipping notice? End of December is drawing close pretty quickly, these days.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. :)

Don't worry, everyone is receiving their games.
Though due to the holidays season it's happening slower than we would've liked. Sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas W.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
Anyone else still waiting for their copy to arrive or for a shipping notice?

I am also still waiting to receive the game. :/

Fun fact: It's manufactured by Ludofact so it was being shipped from China to Germany, then got shipped to Gamesquest in the UK for fullfilment.

I really start to regret not having picked up the core game at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas W.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nichik wrote:

Should we still not get worried? It's been another month with no sign of the game being on its way...

I really don't get how some people have been able to receive their game around early December while some others like me are still waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Naitakal wrote:
nichik wrote:

Should we still not get worried?

Nothing has changed. You will get your game.

Naitakal wrote:

I really don't get how some people have been able to receive their game around early December while some others like me are still waiting.

This is because delivery during Christmas and new year is tricky and plagued with delays.

The boxes are at the hub waiting for delivery for a while now. We're in the same position as you - waiting for an update from fulfillment company.

I wish we could avoid the delays, but this is how the things are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: Maybe this post doesn't sound super helpful. Two posts later, I will explain my concerns in a better way, I hope.

For your upcoming Warpgate, I would strongly suggest that you either find a more reliable shipping solution (stating why they are credible, what kickstarters they shipped before, maybe) or explicitly discuss how you are going to avoid and mitigate the problems that occurred with the shipping of Guards of Atlantis.

I am looking forward to receiving my game, but it is really disheartening to have the game in my country and only receive it three months later, when people have been talking about it and playing their copy for months.

There is also a lack of communication. I don't know if it's between creator and backers or fulfilment center and creator. Any information is welcome to people waiting for their games to arrive. No need to be super verbose or stick to the monthly schedule, just some quick words about "shipping hit a delay due to sickness", "we have now shipped about 45%", "shipping has resumed", "games for US will be shipping next week", "it is now in customs, will take about 2 weeks extra", etc. That would help (me) a lot.

I suspect it would detract many GoA backers from backing Warpgate if they fear that shipping (and communication about that) might be a problem again. That would be a shame, because I think your games will be really good. I just don't have proof in my hand just yet.

What do you think, Arty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
PiHalbe wrote:
For your upcomingWarpgate, I would strongly suggest that you either find a more reliable shipping solution (stating why they are credible, what kickstarters they shipped before, maybe) or explicitly discuss how you are going to avoid and mitigate the problems that occurred with the shipping of Guards of Atlantis.

Games Quest are a great fulfillment partner with proven record.

PiHalbe wrote:

I am looking forward to receiving my game, but it is really disheartening to have the game in my country and only receive it three months later, when people have been talking about it and playing their copy for months.

Your frustration is understandable, but these are the realities of crowdfunding, unfortunately. Shipping is a major issue for every project, regardless of how experienced you are.
Here's an amazing article by Jamey Stegmaier on the subject: http://stonemaiergames.com/insights-from-fulfilling-scythe-p...
It might give some insight on the process.

PiHalbe wrote:

There is also a lack of communication. I don't know if it's between creator and backers or fulfilment center and creator.

We do monthly updates on the last day of each month. I believe this is a good practice. This way we try to avoid spamming backers with too many updates. That would simply result in less people reading them.

At the same time, we're answering every email and PM on KS and I`m always here answering any questions you might have.

There's constant flow of information on multiple channels.

To be honest, I'm somewhat puzzled that this comes across as lack of communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I've never heard of Games Quest, but that doesn't say much.

nichik wrote:

We do monthly updates on the last day of each month. I believe this is a good practice. This way we try to avoid spamming backers with too many updates. That would simply result in less people reading them.

At the same time, we're answering every email and PM on KS and I`m always here answering any questions you might have.

There's constant flow of information on multiple channels.

To be honest, I'm somewhat puzzled that this comes across as lack of communication.

Oh sorry, I was writing way too generalized, here. It's probably too late, but let me try to set this straight. I really love how you are very active on the forums and put together nice monthly updates with such consistency and good content.

Now, this is my personal preference: It would have been much easier to be patient, if there was a (possibly very short) update when the shipping process hit a stop or problems. I would have had interest in knowing:

* that there are problems
* a rough idea on what kind of problems they are
* when we can expect the problems to be solved

This would solve two issues for me:

* At the end of December, based on the original shipping update, the estimate on "when will I have my hands on that game" was "a couple of days" (I must have been one of the very few last ones to ship out). Then, it rose to "more than a month". Had the information been there earlier, it would have been from "three weeks" to "seven weeks". Much less of a disappointment to me.

* I keep wondering "why don't they ship these games?". Is the warehouse flooded? Are they too busy shipping other stuff? Is it trapped in customs? Was a problem / hazard detected with the games? Is it beyond their capabilities? Are their employees ill? Does the company even still exist? A short update on the reasons would have helped to clear concerns.

Now, I don't know, if many backers feel this way, too. Maybe they don't. Maybe you don't have the information yourself. From all I have seen, I am certain that you want to be as helpful as possible.

These are just my ideas of what could have eased waiting for this game. And I know it came across the wrong way in my earlier post, but I am just trying to provide feedback for further endeavours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas W.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
I keep wondering "why don't they ship these games?".

Exactly that.

I actually have been at your booth at Spiel 2016, which was in like mid of October. The core game was already available there, ready for pickup but the expansion wasn't. So I asked how long it will probably take to get the whole deal delivered at once. I got told I should expect delivery in about a month so I decided to wait in order to keep things simple. The guy I was talking to even wrote down my backer number. I don't really know why. I once thought that might speed up delivery but I am afraid it didn't help.

So anyway, I was leaving Spiel 2016 with the expectation to get the game delivered between mid and end of November.

In December we got told everyone will receive their game by the end of the year which also didn't happen.

So now I am sitting here almost three weeks into January still waiting for the game to arrive, making jokes about how Gloomhaven might arrive before GoA. ^^

Long story short, maybe a more pessimistic estimate regarding shipping dates would have been better. In my opinion you actually did inform well it just looks like the information you got from your fulfillment partner was unreliable.

nichik wrote:
Games Quest were on vacation during holidays and Guards of Atlantis is not the only game they ship so there was a queue.

(Quoted from the other thread, just in case you are wondering.)

If there was a queue and other games have been shipped before GoA, how comes people received their game around beginning of December? I am really puzzled as to how Gamesquest is handling their shipping, as an outsider it seems completely random. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas W.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today a package from Interpost Ltd popped up in my DHL app and I finally received an email from GamesQuest confirming shipping as well as providing a tracking number! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Ryan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My copies of Guards of Atlantis came in the mail today! Florida here. Looking forward to breaking it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived today here in Denmark.

First impressions:

Insufficient packaging. There was only padding on the top of the box, nothing along the sides or the corners. Fortunately the package had been handled carefully so everything arrived in perfect condition.

Good quality gameboard, good tokens, beautiful rulebook, well protected minis.

The player boards are disappointingly thin!

The cards are a bit thin too but with a nice linen finish.

But what are we supposed to do with the cards once they are out of the foil? There is no storage solution for the cards - big fail!

Finally there is no list of contents. Where do I see if I got everything I was supposed to get?

All in all: Happy camper! I look forward to getting the game to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
ThomasDN wrote:

Finally there is no list of contents. Where do I see if I got everything I was supposed to get?

The list of contents is on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark van der Upwich
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Got Mine yesterday!

Will need some customisation made to the box for the storage of the minis, getting the (sleeved) cards in there and going to have to laminate the player mats to ensure longevity, but I'm so happy to have it here!

To all of you, enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nichik wrote:
ThomasDN wrote:

Yeah, the creator made me aware of this in the comments track on Kickstarter.

What can I say - I'm stupid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
nichik wrote:
ThomasDN wrote:

Arty, who answered here, is actually the very same creator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
ThomasDN wrote:
nichik wrote:
ThomasDN wrote:

Arty, who answered here, is actually the very same creator.

The streak continues...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas W.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of the game finally arrived today as well! All cards have already been sleeved, I just put them all seperated per hero into zip bags and back on top of the box. Fits nicely for now. Looking forward to finally get some plays!

But there is one thing that really bugs me.

Today a friend of mine went to our local board game store. What do you think did he see there? Yep, a couple copies of GoA for sale and the owner told him he got them like a week ago.

So I am quite disappointed by the fact that I would have been able to get my hands on the game sooner by not backing (and already paying for it almost a year ago) and just buy it at retail.

yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Naitakal wrote:

So I am quite disappointed by the fact that I would have been able to get my hands on the game sooner by not backing (and already paying for it almost a year ago) and just buy it at retail.

:yuk:

We had a few retailers as backers. Otherwise, no boxes went to retail before KS pledges were sent.

Without your pledge and pledges from other backers no-one would be able to just buy it at retail, since there would be no game to buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived a week ago in perfect condition (even though they were not too generous with padding). Sabina's sword is still intact.

I think the component quality is good, even though heavier cardstock for cards and player boards would have given a higher quality feel. Nothing I could complain about for that price point, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.