Subject: Way too easy.` rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Petersen
United States
Stanwood
WA
flag msg tools
I played my first game last nigth with the core pack and the recommended beginning abductor.

Saved 5 of the 7 hostages with 4 terror cards left and then with two left took out the abductor with a dice roll.

The threat level went up to 6 at one point but I got that back down quickly..pretty fun except how easy it was.

UH. OOPS.

Then I read the forums again and realized I had been taking the ZERO cards every turn after playing them.

Double OOPS.

Now, I'm a bit nervous to try again....can forsee a lot tougher time.

My one issue is it seems like taking out the abductor after all the hostages are gone is too easy....should be a bit harder than just one rescue role....seems you would need a double rescue role or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martins
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therockfrog wrote:
My one issue is it seems like taking out the abductor after all the hostages are gone is too easy....should be a bit harder than just one rescue role....seems you would need a double rescue role or something.

Not sure you'll feel the same way after playing again with the correct zero card rule (eg that you can't "buy" them the same turn you used them). Even though it's just one more save, I've lost track of the number of games I've lost because I ran out of cards (or had the conversation ended) before I could get that one last save.

From a thematic point of view, think of it from the perspective of the negotiator... having hostages is the only thing that gives the abductor "power". Once there aren't any hostages left, the negotiator's job with the abductor is basically done... you have armed officers all around that can just go in and make the arrest.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Not an easy game, in my experience. Keep trying, you will definitely have a tougher time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
therockfrog wrote:
Now, I'm a bit nervous to try again....can forsee a lot tougher time.

Yes, and it's the tougher challenge that makes it fun. The different abductors involve different challenges and negotiating strategies.

therockfrog wrote:
My one issue is it seems like taking out the abductor after all the hostages are gone is too easy

Thematically, no hostages left means the SWAT team can just make the entry without fear.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.