5 Posts

Ikusa» Forums » General

Subject: Colorblind: Shogun better than IKUSA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thoma Mattox

Indiana
msg tools
Being colorblind makes some of these games rather fun... That said, I did notice that I can tell the colors on Shogun CONSIDERABLY better than IKUSA. Not sure if this helps anyone or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jolly Roger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense the colors in Ikusa are more muted than in Shogun or Samurai Swords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Umfortunately, few games take "colour blind" into account when setting up the colour options...I've heard this complaint many times about many games. Even for those of us who see colour just fine, a lot of games can be tough in low-light conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Easton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the colors in the old MB-version of Axis and Allies even more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thoma Mattox

Indiana
msg tools
You and I both! Until the 1942 Second Edition, I made A&A work by using the Japanese troops for Russia. However, the 1942 Second Edition has reduced troop counts for Russian navy so I can't do this anymore. I just have to pay very very close attention to the pieces. It almost makes me hate the game (even though it is my favorite game of all time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.