Subject: Already selling out. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I guess it's no surprise, but already the game is selling out at the usual places such as CSI and MM. Hopefully there are plenty more at the distributor level and we will see stocks restored in the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Lapsley
United States
Verona
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS posted today that they got them in, but only enough for pre-orders. Anyone else looking will need to wait for the next wave, which does not have a timeline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Tackett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
otakuon wrote:
Well, I guess it's no surprise, but already the game is selling out at the usual places such as CSI and MM. Hopefully there are plenty more at the distributor level and we will see stocks restored in the next few days.

From what I understand, it's been sold out at CSI for well over a month. I've been refreshing their page from time to time today and never saw it come into stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sold out at FFG now too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Oct. 28:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1662345/sold-out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XShagrath wrote:
otakuon wrote:

From what I understand, it's been sold out at CSI for well over a month. I've been refreshing their page from time to time today and never saw it come into stock.

I pre-ordered at CSI and haven't gotten a ship notice yet, so either they're working through it or they don't have their shipment yet.

Either way, the pre-order link did dry up about a month ago, so its a safe bet they'll be sold out unless they get more than they expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
XShagrath wrote:
otakuon wrote:

I pre-ordered at CSI and haven't gotten a ship notice yet, so either they're working through it or they don't have their shipment yet.

Either way, the pre-order link did dry up about a month ago, so its a safe bet they'll be sold out unless they get more than they expected.

If you check your CSI history it should say "processed" on the AH preorders and have a label number for tracking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
happycatmachine wrote:
If you check your CSI history it should say "processed" on the AH preorders and have a label number for tracking.

Nice! Thanks. I'm in the queue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah based on the crazy levels of activity in this forum I fully expected it to sell out. FFG really got people excited with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Wolowicz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
My FLGS got in twelve yesterday and had four left at 1pm today.
And they are only one of two shops in Metro Denver to have even ordered any. I know, I called every single one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Yeah based on the crazy levels of activity in this forum I fully expected it to sell out. FFG really got people excited with this one.
i'm curious if this will help or hurt the LotR...

like will more new people come into this one and see 'that other co-op' and also dive in or will more current LotR players think 'i like arkham better now and don't need two co-ops'

i'm kind of hesitant to jump into arkham similar reasons but think that eventually i'll be buying both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think overall it will help bring more people in, I'm certainly getting the impression that a huge number of the people here are new to LCGs, some of them will want to try out LOTR too. We'll see, but I'm pretty optimistic about it. I haven't specifically ordered it, but my FLGS knows I want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my shipment notice from Miniature Market. I should have my copies by Saturday. Looking forward to cracking them open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew H
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My shop in MD received 45 today, so I booked it over after work. Grabbed my two and left around 25 on the shelf. I suspect they'll be out by tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayland Games in the UK already says 'Waiting for Reprint'....!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS only received *half* of their expected order yesterday, and wasn't even enough to cover all of their pre-orders! Luckily, I preordered the day the link went live, so I got my two cores - but I have some good friends who weren't able to obtain one. No ETA from the store on when another shipment is expected either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, at least this is a card based game so re-prints will not take long to go though. Plus, like all of FFG's LCGs, they really are at their best when you have a few expansions and card packs added in (and in this case, more investigators will be nice to have before you start). I don't see the reason to rush out for this one right now. Personally, between Eldritch Horror, Mansions of Madness, Elder Sign and even the original Arkham Horror, I have plenty of HPL based games to last me and my group for quite a long while....Looking forward to trying this after it has been fleshed out a bit more (and early reviews indicate that the core box is a little light on content anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.