Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Invaders From Afar Board Extension rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Invaders From Afar expansion, do they have their own faction & mech powers?

How does the board extension work with the retail version of Scythe? I don't have either yet to see how they go together. Is it needed because the regular board is too small?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bruticus wrote:
For the Invaders From Afar expansion, do they have their own faction & mech powers?

How does the board extension work with the retail version of Scythe? I don't have either yet to see how they go together. Is it needed because the regular board is too small?

Both new factions comes with everything that is required to add them to the game, including their own faction board, mechs, worker, etc.

To add the game, you just add their board in the faction selection board pile to pick from. Rules says to take one at random but you can do what you want like each player choosing a faction they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
bruticus wrote:

The expansion adds 2 new factions, with their own faction board, miniatures, and works.

As far as I know, the board is the same in all versions of scythe. The full board on one side, and a blown up version of the map on the reverse. It is this reverse side that the extension sits against to great a full board again.

Personally, I think the regular board is plenty big without the extension. It is almost too big for my dining room table! I'm glad I didn't get the extension because it would just sit in the box unused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bruticus wrote:

The regular board is fine. But when you flip it over, the hexes are larger and the board extension is placed along one side of the board. So then it's the same exact map that is on the other side, but with bigger hexes.

I've mostly played the regular side of the board with many 3 player games and a 4 player game. I mainly use the larger side and extention when playing with 5 players. Adding the extension takes up more table space of course, so that is a consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve w
United States
milwaukee
wi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we have the extended board and use it when we have the table space, or if we are playing games like all day. If my wife and i want to play a quick 2P we usually use the standard board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to Crimea's move to an unused base location in a 7 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimea can move to farms instead and Polania gets a bonus 3 coins for encoutner spaces at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion tweaks Crimea's power slightly. I don't recall exactly, but they can move to or from farms somehow instead of unoccupied home bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
GizmotronX5000 wrote:
The expansion tweaks Crimea's power slightly. I don't recall exactly, but they can move to or from farms somehow instead of unoccupied home bases.

Thanks. Does this mean a new Crimea player board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JK777 wrote:
GizmotronX5000 wrote:

Thanks. Does this mean a new Crimea player board?

Tiles to cover up the tweaked powers for playing with 6-7, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Just got my copy. Tiles for the tweaked powers for 6-7 player games. The new factions get all needed bits (board, miniatures, wood pieces). There's also two new action boards and some replacement Automa cards to account for the new factions.

The main game board is unchanged--it already accounted for the two new factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:

Personally, I think the regular board is plenty big without the extension. It is almost too big for my dining room table! I'm glad I didn't get the extension because it would just sit in the box unused.

Sounds like you need a bigger table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the board extension come with a box, or fit in the Scythe box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
bruticus wrote:

No, well at least mine didn't come in a box. I did however manage to fit it into the existing box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bruticus wrote:

It fits in the Scythe box, same dimensions folded as the normal board, so tucks neatly under it (And essentially acts as an additional fold segment of that when you're using the reverse side of the regular board)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.