Naruto Shippuden: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about unclear rullings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Koukouvais
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here are some unanswered questions about the rules of this board game. I have already directly asked all of them to Yoka Board games, but after their initial reply that they would take 1 day to answer all my questions, nobody replied. Then i tried asking them once more at their facebook page, with no luck again. So here it goes in case someone else here can help me:

1) Is the enemy able to attack you if you attacked him from an adjacent area during the Akatsuki Phase?

2) Does the "Nine-Tail Chakra Mode" Fight technique card of Naruto injure ALSO the enemy you are currently fighting except the OTHER enemies in the same zone and adjacent zones if you roll a power icon or this is the only enemy that doesn't suffer this one injury from the extra effect of the Fight card?

3) When you gain experience and you reach the point where it increases one of your stats, for example you increase your max chakra by 1, do you also get instantly a blue cube to fill 1 chakra point or does it only increase the maximum capacity?

4) What about Sai's card "Super Beasts Scroll: Lions" that reads "Inflicts 1 injury on ANOTHER enemy in the zone"? Does it mean that this only works if there are 2 or more enemies in the same spot (for example an Akatsuki member and it's summoned token) and if it activates you can injure one enemy that is not the one you are currently fighting?

5) Do i roll the special dice only for Akatsuki members that have a specific talent that concerns the special dice or for all Akatsuki members? And if the talent itself mentions only the sharingan side of the dice or the rinnegan side or both, does it means that the defence side of the special dice always counts if I actually roll it even if it is not written in the card?

6) If an Akatsuki member wins a round and leaves the field, does this count as an Elimination? For example Deidara is stated in the rules that he injures all heroes in the zone and adjacent zones ONLY if his health is reduced to 0, but it's not perfectly clear about Zetsu. Do Zetsu traps return to the field even if Zetsu survives all 3 turns and leaves the field or only when his health reaches 0?

7) Is Itachi able to summon Susano more than once? Since you have to roll the dice everytime you fight him, what if he rolls Sharingan more than once? Does Susano just ressurect even if you already defeated him? Or is it possible to have multiple Susano tokens in the zone? In the game only one Susano token is included.

8) During the Akatsuki Phase when it's time to draw technique cards, can each player either draw only 1 card (if he has 0 cards and therefore cannot discard 1 card) or discard one card to draw cards until you have a full hand? Are you always obliged to discard one card and fill the hand or you can just draw one without discarding anything?

9) If a player uses both 2 actions to escape from a battle, is he able to move for 1 or 2 spaces during that turn?

10) How exactly does Kisame's talent work? For example 3 different people have activated fight cards againist him this turn, so during the Akatsuki phase he will deal 4 injuries (1 normal injury + 3 injuries for the fight cards activated). Does he injure one hero for 4 health cubes and instantly killing him or he will deal one by one each injury on different characters of the players choice until he has dealt all 4? Can someone that has a technique card to avoid an injury avoid only one point of injury or all of them?

11) If you avoid an injury from Shurado Pain during the Akatsuki phase by using a technique card, do you still suffer the extra injury from his talent or you can dodge both since you avoided the first injury?

12) What exactly does Sasuke's talent mean that it returns the attack against the hero if he rolls Sharingan? Does the hero take one injury or does he also suffer the effect of a fight card that the hero could have used during the fight?

13) When you fight Danzo and roll Sharingan and the attack fails, does that mean that you do not even roll the attack dice at all?

14) Do the summoned tokens also attack the heroes during the Akatsuki phase? For example if Orochimaru has summoned multiple snakes and those are placed in the Tobi area, if a hero is at the Tobi area, does he take injured for the Akatsuki member and also for each snake currently there?

15) Do the summoned snakes of Orochimaru remain in the Tobi Area even after Orochimaru trap has been removed from the field? Do the snakes remain in the zone they were summoned after the Akatsumi member was removed from the field after the last turn, they leave the field together with the Akatsuki member at the end of the round or do they move to the next area that the Tobi figure will move?

16) Does the Defence buff that Jugo takes everytime he injures a hero last for the whole game?

17) During the final round, Tobi's description states that players have to roll the special die when they fight an enemy in Tobi's area. Does that mean that players have to roll the special die for both Gedo Mazo and Tobi for everytime they attack either one of those two?

PS: This game is insanely difficult and sometimes painful. I have come with a perfect strategy to win almost all village fights but still when I arrived at the final boss i got my ass kicked. I won 7 village and lost 1, but when i arrived at the final boss (3 players total, Naruto, Sakura and Rock Lee) we defeated Gedo Mazo on the first round but we kept getting paralyzed EVERY SINGLE TIME from Tobi. Its not enough that he has tanky stats, but he has a 30% chance to paralyze you EVERY TIME you attack him, which makes it impossible to kill in 2 rounds, since you use the first one for the statue).
I would like to make some house rules that will make the game more balanced and not so much based on luck of dice rolls, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gain
United States
Galloway
NJ
flag msg tools
I am sorry for the really late reply and would ask that if you have any more rules questions, direct them to me as Yoka really does not have a rules person. My direct email is op at japanimegames.com.
1) Is the enemy able to attack you if you attacked him from an adjacent area during the Akatsuki Phase?
You only take damage on the Akatsuki phase if you are occupying a space with an Akatsuki token or figure. If you use Ranged attacks, you are safe.

2) Does the "Nine-Tail Chakra Mode" Fight technique card of Naruto injure ALSO the enemy you are currently fighting except the OTHER enemies in the same zone and adjacent zones if you roll a power icon or this is the only enemy that doesn't suffer this one injury from the extra effect of the Fight card?
If you roll enough Shurikens to damage your target, then you can do damage to them. If you roll the power symbol, as well, you can damage revealed enemies in your zone or an adjacent zone other then the target.

3) When you gain experience and you reach the point where it increases one of your stats, for example you increase your max chakra by 1, do you also get instantly a blue cube to fill 1 chakra point or does it only increase the maximum capacity?
You would get the extra cube as soon as you reach that level.

4) What about Sai's card "Super Beasts Scroll: Lions" that reads "Inflicts 1 injury on ANOTHER enemy in the zone"? Does it mean that this only works if there are 2 or more enemies in the same spot (for example an Akatsuki member and it's summoned token) and if it activates you can injure one enemy that is not the one you are currently fighting?
As above, if you roll enough shurikens to damage your target you will, in addition, if you roll the power symbol, you will do 1 injury to an another enemy in your current zone. If there are no enemies in your current zone other than your target, the power symbol has no effect.

5) Do i roll the special dice only for Akatsuki members that have a specific talent that concerns the special dice or for all Akatsuki members? And if the talent itself mentions only the sharingan side of the dice or the rinnegan side or both, does it means that the defence side of the special dice always counts if I actually roll it even if it is not written in the card?
You roll one die per Akatsuki with a special die symbol. If you roll the defense symbol then the defense of that enemy goes up by one. If you roll a symbol that matches the symbol(s) on the card then resolve that.

6) If an Akatsuki member wins a round and leaves the field, does this count as an Elimination? For example Deidara is stated in the rules that he injures all heroes in the zone and adjacent zones ONLY if his health is reduced to 0, but it's not perfectly clear about Zetsu. Do Zetsu traps return to the field even if Zetsu survives all 3 turns and leaves the field or only when his health reaches 0?
If the Akatsuki is discarded, their effects for being reduced to 0 do not trigger. Sometimes that is the only way to deal with the Zetsu early game. We had a double Zetsu last night and organized the double kill so they only refilled the field once.

7) Is Itachi able to summon Susano more than once? Since you have to roll the dice everytime you fight him, what if he rolls Sharingan more than once? Does Susano just ressurect even if you already defeated him? Or is it possible to have multiple Susano tokens in the zone? In the game only one Susano token is included.
You have to attack the Susano if it is out, so you don't roll the die unless you are attacking Itachi. If you can damage him indirectly (like the above examples, you can hurt him and he won't roll the die. Unfortnately, after you defeat the Susano and attack Itachi again, the Susano could be summoned again. You could always "house rule" that once Susano is killed he is dead.

8) During the Akatsuki Phase when it's time to draw technique cards, can each player either draw only 1 card (if he has 0 cards and therefore cannot discard 1 card) or discard one card to draw cards until you have a full hand? Are you always obliged to discard one card and fill the hand or you can just draw one without discarding anything?
You may discard 1 card and then you draw back to your original hand size.

9) If a player uses both 2 actions to escape from a battle, is he able to move for 1 or 2 spaces during that turn?
As with a normal move, you can choose to move 1 or 2 if possible.

10) How exactly does Kisame's talent work? For example 3 different people have activated fight cards againist him this turn, so during the Akatsuki phase he will deal 4 injuries (1 normal injury + 3 injuries for the fight cards activated). Does he injure one hero for 4 health cubes and instantly killing him or he will deal one by one each injury on different characters of the players choice until he has dealt all 4? Can someone that has a technique card to avoid an injury avoid only one point of injury or all of them?
Akatsuki injuries are not assigned to characters, the players decide who they apply to (but it cannot exceed a character's life total unless they are there alone). For each fight from every player, 1 extra injury is assigned to the players. So if 3 fight cards were played, 4 injuries would need to be assigned to the characters at the location. Only 1 avoid injury card can be used per injury, but multiple support cards could be played to cancel the injuries inflicted.

11) If you avoid an injury from Shurado Pain during the Akatsuki phase by using a technique card, do you still suffer the extra injury from his talent or you can dodge both since you avoided the first injury?
If you take no injury the technique does not trigger.

12) What exactly does Sasuke's talent mean that it returns the attack against the hero if he rolls Sharingan? Does the hero take one injury or does he also suffer the effect of a fight card that the hero could have used during the fight?
The hero will take an injury but any power effects are canceled including negative effects like Loopy Fists power.

13) When you fight Danzo and roll Sharingan and the attack fails, does that mean that you do not even roll the attack dice at all?
No dice will be rolled.

14) Do the summoned tokens also attack the heroes during the Akatsuki phase? For example if Orochimaru has summoned multiple snakes and those are placed in the Tobi area, if a hero is at the Tobi area, does he take injured for the Akatsuki member and also for each snake currently there?
Each enemy inflicts an injury so summoned creatures will each cause an injury as well.

15) Do the summoned snakes of Orochimaru remain in the Tobi Area even after Orochimaru trap has been removed from the field? Do the snakes remain in the zone they were summoned after the Akatsumi member was removed from the field after the last turn, they leave the field together with the Akatsuki member at the end of the round or do they move to the next area that the Tobi figure will move?
When the Tobi moves, they would be destroyed. I don't think the rules cover it, but that is how I would play it.

16) Does the Defence buff that Jugo takes everytime he injures a hero last for the whole game?
It would last until the next Akatsuki phase.

17) During the final round, Tobi's description states that players have to roll the special die when they fight an enemy in Tobi's area. Does that mean that players have to roll the special die for both Gedo Mazo and Tobi for everytime they attack either one of those two?
Only roll the special die when you attack Tobi.

PS: This game is insanely difficult and sometimes painful. I have come with a perfect strategy to win almost all village fights but still when I arrived at the final boss i got my ass kicked. I won 7 village and lost 1, but when i arrived at the final boss (3 players total, Naruto, Sakura and Rock Lee) we defeated Gedo Mazo on the first round but we kept getting paralyzed EVERY SINGLE TIME from Tobi. Its not enough that he has tanky stats, but he has a 30% chance to paralyze you EVERY TIME you attack him, which makes it impossible to kill in 2 rounds, since you use the first one for the statue).
I would like to make some house rules that will make the game more balanced and not so much based on luck of dice rolls, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

When playing with 3 players, you should be using Tobi side A and Gedo Mazu. Only one Akatsuki enemy is used in a 2-3 player game. You have to save Sakura's heals until the end game battle. Hopefully that helps and the above rules clear things up for you.

Regards,

Rich Gain
Japanime Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.