Subject: What should our next game be ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, my partner and I are planning on buying a new game but can't seem to decide. We thought it would be fun to see what you guys had to say. Our top five games at the moment are, Clash of Cultures, Islebound, Fallen, 7 Wonders Duel and Cyclades. I have a list of the ones we have been looking at...

Catan
Caverna
Terra Mystica
Scythe
Mystic vale (This one is more for her)
Exodus Proxima Centauri (This one is more for me)

Going by our top five what do you guys think would be the best choice, or do you guys have another game that springs to mind ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If you're playing games like Cyclades and Clash of Cultures, you probably wont' enjoy Catan much. The only other from your list that I've played is Exodus Proxima Centauri. Which, if you like Clash of Cultures, I imagine you would probably like Exodus. And while I haven't played Caverna, I have played it's sibling game, Agricola. If you think you might like Caverna, I'd say give it a shot. It would be a nice change of pace from the other games you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Cal64 wrote:
Hey guys, my partner and I are planning on buying a new game but can't seem to decide. We thought it would be fun to see what you guys had to say. Our top five games at the moment are, Clash of Cultures, Islebound, Fallen, 7 Wonders Duel and Cyclades. I have a list of the ones we have been looking at...

Catan
Caverna
Terra Mystica
Scythe
Mystic vale (This one is more for her)
Exodus Proxima Centauri (This one is more for me)

Going by our top five what do you guys think would be the best choice, or do you guys have another game that springs to mind ?

Thanks

From the ones you listed, Caverna: The Cave Farmers definitely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TERRA MYSTICA!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glen More - Don't be afraid of the German edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Although alot of people love Caverna, I personally find it boring. I vote for Terra Mystica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockwork Wars takes the expansionism and tech advancement lite civ of Clash of Cultures and adds blind simultaneous movement and supply line vulnerability. Plus the factions are asymmetric and the board is modular. And combat is better than Scythe.

Out of your list Terra Mystica has the most longevity due to the variable factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys I appreciate the help and input

My other half didn't like the theme or look of Glen More, it's difficult to convince her otherwise after she has made up her mind We thought Clockwork wars sounded pretty cool but it's also pretty expensive. In the end she was warming more towards Caverna but I'm leaning towards Terra Mystica. I kinda like surprises so will let her make the final choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anneke Zakoor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games that the board game group I am in really enjoy, includes Cosmic Encounter and Sheriff of Nottingham.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.