Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I like my co-op games to be difficult, like a 75% lose ratio. I like challenges

It seemed by the reviews I've read and watched that V-commandos is on the easy side.

What the community has to say about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Then the Veteran difficulty level is for you (more enemy units + additional special events during the operations).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the response!

so the veteran difficulty is adding MP40 enemies at the beginning of the game and following the special rules on the cards?

is it possible for you to show some of this special rules on the cards or point me to where to find it?

In the Ricky Royal walkthrough there were cards that you flipped each turn to know how many enemies entered, and there were easy, medium and hard cards. I didn't find any of this in the rulebook, is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nunesh wrote:
so the veteran difficulty is adding MP40 enemies at the beginning of the game and following the special rules on the cards?

Yes

Nunesh wrote:
is it possible for you to show some of this special rules on the cards or point me to where to find it?

Here are a few examples of special rules for Veteran difficulty:
- Once the alarm has been triggered, you only have 4 turns left (excluding the current turn) to blow up the dry docks. If you do not succeed to do it in time, operation fails.
- The alarm is triggered at the end of the 2nd turn.
- Remove the MG42 token, all 3 StG44 and bombardment tokens from the equipment reserve (place them back in the game’s box).

Nunesh wrote:
In the Ricky Royal walkthrough there were cards that you flipped each turn to know how many enemies entered, and there were easy, medium and hard cards. I didn't find any of this in the rulebook, is this correct?

Ricky's video was recorded months before the Kickstarter campaign (2 years ago), we use this time to run hundreds of playtests to improve many things. This system increased the difficulty during the game (whatever the difficulty selected by the players) and we replaced it by a much more streamlined and elegant one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:

Here are a few examples of special rules for Veteran difficulty:
- Once the alarm has been triggered, you only have 4 turns left (excluding the current turn) to blow up the dry docks. If you do not succeed to do it in time, operation fails.
- The alarm is triggered at the end of the 2nd turn.
- Remove the MG42 token, all 3 StG44 and bombardment tokens from the equipment reserve (place them back in the game’s box).

Awsome

ThibaudMTL wrote:

Ricky's video was recorded months before the Kickstarter campaign (2 years ago), we use this time to run hundreds of playtests to improve many things. This system increased the difficulty during the game (whatever the difficulty selected by the players) and we replaced it by a much more streamlined and elegant one.

I concur is much more elegant that just swarm the place with enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.