Subject: Trying to Identify a Lost Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good day,

Back when I was 8, my mother bought a board game at a yard sale. I never knew the name of the game, or the rules (not included), but I was hoping that by describing it, someone here might know what it is:

- the board was made up of four plastic tiles about 10" x 10". The tile was about 0.5" high and the surface was mostly gray with green blocks (what I suspect were to represent forests).
- Each of the four board tiles had a 15 x 15 hole pattern so that a unit with a peg on the bottom could be put into a single position.
- There were two unit types that I can remember: a mounted knight and a pike carrying foot soldier. Both were plastic
- There were also fortifications (may have been castles) that were two board tiles wide.
- I do not recall how many players there were.

I would suspect the board game was made in the mid 80s.

That is all of the information that I can recall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feudal perhaps?

there are a few versions out there including one published by avalon hill in '81 (I have an earlyer one by 3M from the late 60s I believe)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mafman6 wrote:
Feudal perhaps?

ninja'd

I love this place!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Wow! I am honestly in shock how quickly you found that. That is exactly it. Hail to you champion.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That game looks really awesome, might have to pick it up myself. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
iFoundMyKeys wrote:
Wow! I am honestly in shock how quickly you found that. That is exactly it. Hail to you champion.

Yeah. Incase you didn't already know, boardgamegeek.com is pretty cool that way.

Welcome to the madness party. Have some geekgold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
mafman6 wrote:
Feudal perhaps?

there are a few versions out there including one published by avalon hill in '81 (I have an earlyer one by 3M from the late 60s I believe)
The 'procreation' with "One Piece-Move TURN" Variant for this there: Why not? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kerchner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I still have this game from when I was a kid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hahaha thanks for all the props. I thought I was actually slow not making it under the 10 minute mark.
I first picked up this game about 4 years ago at a garage sale simply because I was shocked to find out 3M once made games. And even though I've since picked up a 2nd copy and still don't have all the pieces I treasure it as its one of the reasons I became active on bgg. Also fills out my shelf nice .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mafman6 wrote:
hahaha thanks for all the props. I thought I was actually slow not making it under the 10 minute mark.
I first picked up this game about 4 years ago at a garage sale simply because I was shocked to find out 3M once made games. And even though I've since picked up a 2nd copy and still don't have all the pieces I treasure it as its one of the reasons I became active on bgg. Also fills out my shelf nice .

The 3M games are pretty neat and show up semi-regularly at thrift stores. I haven't found Feudal yet myself, but I have several others (Twixt, Mr. President, Executive Decision, Facts in Five, Image and one other whose name is escaping me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.