Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have never protested anything in my entire life. Heck, I'm pretty sure I've never signed a petition or recall.

So, what action would be so extreme that you'd protest.

These could end up being enacted through either court decisions and/or legislation so this is accounting for both Trump and the Republican agenda (and there is a decent chance one or the other will fight against many of them - well, that's the hope). Many of these are worst case scenarios so please don't think these are a list of things I fear actually coming true. But, if you feel they may happen or not, it is best to have those limits set now so you can resolve yourself into doing something about it before you are caught off guard. And, feel free to add others in comments; I very likely missed some options.

Lastly, please do not allow yourself to think these are close to coming. We have some checks and balances and even if some in office would like to enact them, many are political suicide so they would not for fear of massive backlash. Always be prepared, but don't lose trust and hope in the USA.

Also note the the protest would be scheduled (legal) and would be planned to be peaceful.

Please note, only select if you feel so strongly that you would actually protest.

*Please note that I had a typo:
Encourage other countries that have not develop nuclear weapons to usedevelop them.
Poll
What would Trump and/or Republicans and/or court appointments have to do to get you to protest (scheduled and peaceful)?
Retract the decision to allow same-sex marriage.
Renewal of gay conversion therapy.
Federal law allowing discrimination of homosexuals.
Federal law allowing discrimination of transgendered people.
Banning any positive mention of homosexuality (ie. Russia's ban of gay propoganda)
Double down on anti campaign finance reform such that infinite dark money is allowed on elections with no restriction (other than perhaps that it must be from the US).
Retract the decision to allow abortion.
Ban the day after pill.
Ban all birth control.
Make it easier to sue for libel (except for social media like Twitter - or perhaps just applying rules to media but not individuals so the hate movement can continue to thrive).
Trump creates his own propaganda television station while in office.
Trump creates public works contracts that are awarded to his company.
Pulls out of Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement - is with Asia-Pacific.
Cancels negotion of Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP) - is with European Union.
Pulls out of North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
Banning all new muslims from the country.
Removal or decrease of minimum wage.
House to house warrantless searches and deportation of all persons unable to prove citizenship.
Retract climate change legislation/agreements.
Threaten to use nuclear weapons.
Allow Russia to acquire Ukraine or other sovereign nation.
Encourage other countries that have not develop nuclear weapons to use them.
Allow South Korea to be attacked by North Korea without defending them.
Allow NATO ally to be attacked without defending them.
Threaten to pull out of NATO if countries don't increase what they pay USA for their military assistance.
Pull out of NATO.
Pull out of UN.
English is made the national language.
Freedom of religion is changed to only apply to Judeo-Christian religions.
Freedom of religion is changed to only apply to Christian religions.
Separation of church and state is redefined to only mean keeping government out of religion and not vice versa.
Police militarization is increased.
Allow private citizens to acquire military grade automatic weaponry.
Prohibiting same-sex discrimination laws at a federal level (so no state/city may enact them).
Prohibiting race discrimination laws at a federal level (so no state/city may enact them).
Prohibiting gender discrimination laws at a federal level (so no state/city may enact them).
Prohibiting disability discrimination laws at a federal level (so no state/city may enact them).
Nationwide voter ID required without the government paying for said ID for those who do not have it (including cost to get documents required to prove you should have the ID).
Nationwide ban of public unions.
Nationwide ban of private unions.
If you did not select any above, please select this.
If you selected one or more above, but have never protested before, select this.
      16 answers
Poll created by xuzuthor

And sorry for the overly long poll! Thanks for getting through it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, not sure if you are trying to be funny or serious here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
Wow, not sure if you are trying to be funny or serious here.

Agreed. And Jeremy and I are quite different in political outlook. I have been involved in protest marches (in college). And there is nothing on that list I wouldn't be upset with, and I doubt that there is much on that list that Jeremy would back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
What on that list do you find to be likely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest way to get people protesting in the US would be through government sanctioned racial discrimination and/or totalitarian restrictions/prohibition of firearms.

Neither were on your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
StevenE wrote:
The easiest way to get people protesting in the US would be through government sanctioned racial discrimination and/or totalitarian restrictions/prohibition of firearms.

Neither were on your list.

We've got both of those.

The second only in areas with the worst crime, and homicides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
What on that list do you find to be likely?

I didn't say any were likely. If anything, I implied the opposite.

Just asking people's boundaries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you want to know what specifically got me thinking about it, it was that after hearing about the protests after the election, I was wondering what could get me to protest.

And yes, the items I listed are either the extremes of Trump or Republican stances because that is who is going to be in office soon.

I didn't need to list extreme Democratic or Obama stances since they will not hold a majority on any branch soon, and even now the branches are mixed to prevent such.

Soon, Republicans will only have themselves to fight against.

It's more so a list showing what extreme is too far for even those who thought they'd never protest anything (such as myself). So, obviously it is going to be for things that are so severe that they are unlikely to ever happen - even if extremists were in office.

So, I will state, that I do not find any of them likely, but one must be vigilant and prepared. Also, people must be made aware what those boundaries are so that they know the danger of crossing them.

Because, if someone like me would protest something, it would have to be pretty extreme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.