Subject: blame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
just watching the Tabletop play through (not liking this series so far, all the guests appear to be other G&S hosts, but that's another thread)and mildly surprised that 1 player was nominated blame if the troll was defeated. A friend has the game (so I can't check the rules) and we always play it as all noncombatants get the blame (we prefer the term shame as it makes more sense).

I've checked the two rules files on here and the wording for blame is different in each, so I'm wondering if in earlier versions it was all players got one or if it was a bit ambiguous - I can't believe we all misread that that way, although it does make the troll spot more attractive and makes the scoring more ruthless which is fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The current and previous versions of the rules both stated that the person that defeated the Troll selects 1 other player to take a Blame token from the supply.

Both versions of the rules make it fairly clear, but it's one of those things where if you skimmed over it, it may have gotten missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the only difference in the newer version of the rules regarding blame is that the new rules offers a variant that everyone starts with 1 blame token.
This is a nice variant because it makes the troll an important spot starting in the first round.

I have tried playing with a variant that sounds similar to how you have been playing to avoid king making, but it tends to punish the players behind just as much as the leaders.

We now play according to the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thanks chaps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
You kids, get offa my lawn!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be noted that the person who defeats the troll also gets to discard one his own blame tokens.

(page 10)

BLAME: If no player kills the Troll, each player takes a Blame token from the supply during round clean-up. Blame causes loss of Glory at game end. If any player kills the Troll, the player who killed the Troll discards one of their Blame tokens (if they have any) and selects another player to take 1 Blame token from the supply. (The townsfolk have fickle attitudes about those who protect them and those who fail to.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.