Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Retail Conan or kickstarter Mythic-battles-pantheon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lawrence gaydos
United States
midwest
flag msg tools
I am really torn on the price of the kickstarter (no add ons) and have recently seen reviews of the Conan game. Do you think the retail of Conan or the kickstarter of this would be a better buy? Wondering if it Would be better to get retails of both or Kickstarter of this? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you can wait, you will get MUCH more value from this Kickstarter campaign compared to a retail copy of either.

Don't think you will need any of the add-ons to get a huge amount of game there.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I really think the two games are very different besides the fact that minis and illustration share the same spirit. You could very well like one and not the other. Conan is an action oriented scenario based adventure game where mythic battles seem to be more a streamline tactical war game. For example I have conan but i am not interested in mythic batlles even if I can see that it seems to be a very good game with great value. I am just not interested in this kind of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
They're different games and both worth buying. If you're interested in both, you'd definitely be better off getting a God pledge for MB now and picking up Conan at retail when your wallet has recovered . You can get a retail version of Conan any time, but you're going to get loads of extra stuff with a God pledge, a lot of it KS exclusive, so waiting till retail for MB means you miss out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd wait for a retail copy of Conan with the improved rulebook.

MB will have some crossover with Conan, no details yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we have to wait for a re-print of the retail box for an updated rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it won't be in the current ones, as it hasn't been done, yet.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Depends on how patient you are versus how much you are looking for something to play right now.

Getting the extras from the Mythic kickstarter is the best value. The downside is that it's going to be at least a year before you get the game, and could be significantly longer. Conan was delayed over a year from their initial predicted ship date. While Mythic Battles is a more realistic ship date, even if they stay on schedule for their December shipping window, delays due to holiday shipping are virtually guaranteed for many backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
louman333 wrote:
I am really torn on the price of the kickstarter (no add ons) and have recently seen reviews of the Conan game. Do you think the retail of Conan or the kickstarter of this would be a better buy? Wondering if it Would be better to get retails of both or Kickstarter of this? Thanks!

Hello lawrence.

What I can tell you for sure is that the retail price of Mythic Battles: Pantheon will not be lower than the God Pledge. Also with the God pledge, you will get the Pandora box (The SGs box). At the moment, the SGs more than double the content of the core box and new SGs will be unlocked by the end of the campaign… so I think if you are interested in the game, the KS is more appealing than retail. But my opinion may not be objective as I am the game designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Moshimon wrote:
Hi,

I really think the two games are very different besides the fact that minis and illustration share the same spirit. You could very well like one and not the other. Conan is an action oriented scenario based adventure game where mythic battles seem to be more a streamline tactical war game. For example I have conan but i am not interested in mythic batlles even if I can see that it seems to be a very good game with great value. I am just not interested in this kind of game.

Indeed both games are very different. Conan is more storytelling. Mythic Battles is more a tactical / confrontation game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.