Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Another Storage Solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil Nygaard
msg tools
mb
Hey Investigators

I just wanted to share my storage solution for inspiration. It's one I know more people use for LCG/CCGs, so it's not unique in any way, but I haven't seen this style posted in here.

It's cheap, easy to manage and store, and gives a very good overview when deckbuilding.

I have bought 2 Core Sets, but only used 10% of the space given, and it's a very cheap solution to expand on.

I have uploaded the first picture here, and the rest are in the attached Imgur Album:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you like the plastic of the Silver series? I grabbed some of the Platinum, but kind of feel like it's too thick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Nygaard
msg tools
mb
They feel just right. MAybe a little flimsy when empty, but that's the beauty of a binder right? You only put in what's necessary.

They easily hold up to 8 cards, which is required to store the full play sets of neutral cards as well as some of the encounter sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, just ordered. The only 8-pocket (i.e. horizontal) pages I found were still Platinum series, but I guess you can't have it all. Investigators won't have as much in and out anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
I am starting with a binder solution as well. If I like the game as much as I think I will I may slowly but Legion dragon hide portfolios, one per class, but we will see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using a binder for LOTR, so I think I'll almost certainly do it for AH too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind spending a bit extra, go for the Ultimate Guard brand. At their very best, Ultra Pro is mediocre, most of their products are worse than that though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fallen wrote:
If you don't mind spending a bit extra, go for the Ultimate Guard brand. At their very best, Ultra Pro is mediocre, most of their products are worse than that though.

Dang, those are really nice. A little difficult to get ahold of, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going with a book option; however, I'm thinking of a combination of binder, for character and deck building; and boxes for scenarios and constructed decks. I find the Ultra-Pro folder sheets do not fit sleeved cards, which is completely ridiculous considering that's their deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chudley wrote:
I'm going with a book option; however, I'm thinking of a combination of binder, for character and deck building; and boxes for scenarios and constructed decks. I find the Ultra-Pro folder sheets do not fit sleeved cards, which is completely ridiculous considering that's their deal.

Are you using ultrapro sleeves. I use the 9-pocket pages and my cards (sleeved with ultrapro sleeves) fit. Other brands of sleeves may not fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
Chudley wrote:

Are you using ultrapro sleeves. I use the 9-pocket pages and my cards (sleeved with ultrapro sleeves) fit. Other brands of sleeves may not fit.

Indeed I am. I'll have another look. This is a far better option if I can get it to work. This was based on my daughters' Pokemon cards with sleeves not fitting into the Pokemon branded UltraPro card holders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.