Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely want to get this game. It looks amazing!
But, I don't want to get it yet. I first need to see if my kids enjoy the base game before I grab this.

However, my concern is that it won't be available when I'm ready to buy it. Those concerns are stoked by the unavailability of "The Heart of Glorm" expansion. I don't know why that one is so hard to get and I wonder if this one will soon become just as hard to get ? Thoughts ?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Theriault
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in a similar boat! I'm tempted to just buy it and leave it in shrink so I can trade or sell it if my kiddo doesn't like the base game. For now I'm keeping my eye out for the right deal while I sit on the fence whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea. Although I don't think I'd have the discipline to leave it unopened.

Maybe I'll open it and paint the minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glorm just became available recently at www.greatboardgames.ca. Just picked up a copy. It is still listed as being in stock.

Your strong dollar and reasonable shipping to the USA should make this a pretty good deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like glorm is available on Amazon too. I snagged a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because M&Ms is a cooperative game, it can also be played solo. Forget the kids, buy it for Dale!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hervé Balon
Belgium
Goutroux
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I immediatly bought all the expansions, and we're still playing the base game, i saw the potential of the game so i jumped on the expansion as soon as they came out in french!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Bloom
msg tools
I just picked up the base game and both expansion. Heart of Glorm seems to still be widely available but Downwood tales it often going for more than the retail price. I grabbed it second hand, opened but unused. If I can't find someone to play it with I´m gonna solo it. Maybe someday I´ll have kids to play it with, maybe they wont even be interested. But the way I see it, the production values and the sheer beauty of the art, theme, writing and how it works with the game mechanics, make me want to just have this in my game collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danslb wrote:
I just picked up the base game and both expansion. Heart of Glorm seems to still be widely available but Downwood tales it often going for more than the retail price. I grabbed it second hand, opened but unused. If I can't find someone to play it with I´m gonna solo it. Maybe someday I´ll have kids to play it with, maybe they wont even be interested. But the way I see it, the production values and the sheer beauty of the art, theme, writing and how it works with the game mechanics, make me want to just have this in my game collection.

Yeah, Downwood Tales just went OOS basically everywhere. It's not necessarily OOP, just in between printings. It will come back in stock everywhere in a few months hopefully.

There had been a copy sitting on the shelf at my FLGS for months. I finally went in to buy it a couple days ago and it was gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hemmer
msg tools
I just contacted Plaid Hat on whether a reprint is coming or not. They responded by saying several of their titles are in the process of a reprint, including Downwood Tales. Hooray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.