Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I’m looking for two types of games:

The first one is a co-operative game with at least 4 players (no limit on the maximum number of players) that can be taught in 5-10 minutes and plays in 30-90 minutes.

The second one is more problematic. It is supposed to include several concepts in economics: pricing of items, writing cash flow report, balance sheet. this can be a more complex game then the above. and plays in 1-3 hours

Thanks in advance for any idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parthenon: Rise of the Aegean is a both team and competitive game, if the group does not work together bad things can happen and the game can be lost. However it is also competitive so that there is an overall winner. I don't know if it's what you are looking for, and it probably takes longer to teach than that, but it may work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as a cooperative game, check out Terra : 3 to 6 players, listed at 30 minutes. Looks simple enough to explain quickly; rules are on Days of Wonder's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I agree that Terra is a good choice for the first game - the other cooperative games I have played take longer than you want (doesn't Parthenon take a lot longer than that, too?).

For the second, check out Executive Decision. I am not positive it has every element you are looking for, but it certainly comes close, and it's supposed to be a decent game (I haven't played it yet myself). If that doesn't work, take a look at Business Strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ycyclop wrote:
Hi,
I’m looking for two types of games:

Let's see...

Quote:

The first one is a co-operative game with at least 4 players (no limit on the maximum number of players) that can be taught in 5-10 minutes and plays in 30-90 minutes.

Saboteur is the game for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls