Hide
16 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: MoM App - is there a "random investorgator" button? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
Is there anyway in the app to randomise your investorgator team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope but you could just shuffle the investigator cards and pick randomly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Um... shuffle the cards and deal them out? Why would it need to be in the app?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
Better question would be "why isn't it in the app?".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Well, probably because it's not exactly a crucial or necessary feature and there are better things to spend development time on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:

Why should it be?

You would still have to grab the cards after it chose for you.

How does having the app decide for you work any better than dealing the cards randomly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
DayinDaLife wrote:

There are plenty of things not in the app. No dice roller for instance. IMO they don't need to be in the app either and it's better to avoid having too much.

That's not too say there app wouldn't benefit from some features, like an undo button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
never ceases to amaze me how petty and argumentative fools on the internet are. I mean you guys are not seriously trying to have a conversation about the pros and cons of a random button on a computer program vs shuffling cards are you? i mean wow.. I knew some geeks wasted their lives,.. be sheeesh.

Yes you can shuffle the cards yourself, yes shuffling non-standard cards can be clunky and shuffling can even damage them, yes it is not needed for the app, yes it would convenient if it was in the app, yes a random button would take about 30seconds of development time to add.. balh, blah blah?

All I asked was "IS there a random button" as I couldn't find one and then expressed surprise that there wasn't one as a "random" button. rofl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
lankyb wrote:
There are plenty of things not in the app. No dice roller for instance.

That's not too say there app wouldn't benefit from some features, like an undo button.

Personally I do not like the idea of computer rollers either. I mean it may as well be a full app like elder sign then... though the Sentential of the multiverse app has undo and the truth is that sometimes it is just impossible to resist going back and redoing a move after something you do not want to happen happens.. not having an undo eliminated that. Even so i could see how it could be frustrating if you clicked the wrong thing mid game and in a way the entire game is screwed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
never ceases to amaze me how petty and argumentative fools on the internet are. I mean you guys are not seriously trying to have a conversation about the pros and cons of a random button on a computer program vs shuffling cards are you? i mean wow.. I knew some geeks wasted their lives,.. be sheeesh.

Yes you can shuffle the cards yourself, yes shuffling non-standard cards can be clunky and shuffling can even damage them, yes it is not needed for the app, yes it would convenient if it was in the app, yes a random button would take about 30seconds of development time to add.. balh, blah blah?

All I asked was "IS there a random button" as I couldn't find one and then expressed surprise that there wasn't one as a "random" button. rofl
Wow, get mad easy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - it's not like it's a free app available on many platforms that you can download from multiple sources and actually check yourself - or anything...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I coded an online applet that randomly chooses investigators (as well as provides details on all their abilities).

Feel free to check it out: https://mattsigal.shinyapps.io/MoM_Investigators/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:

Man, you sure are an angry fellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
DayinDaLife wrote:

Ask a stupid question...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a completely non-argumentative fashion.

Is there a random investigator button?
No

Why not?
There is no need for one for the game to function. But realistically only the game creators can answer that with anything that isn't just speculation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:

DayinDaLife wrote:
never ceases to amaze me how petty and argumentative fools on the internet are.

I mean you guys are not seriously trying to have a conversation about the pros and cons of a random button on a computer program vs shuffling cards are you?

Ladies and gentlemen: irony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.