Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Tragedy Looper» Forums » Rules

Subject: Goodwill Refusal on Targets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I had a question regarding Goodwill Refusal, and was wondering if there was any official answer somewhere.

If I use a Goodwill Ability on a target, and that target has Goodwill Refusal, can the mastermind refuse to 'receive' that ability? Or does Goodwill Refusal only apply for the source?

(I saw an earlier thread which said that Goodwill Refusal only applied to the person using the ability, but I couldn't find an official ruling.)

I believe the mastermind wouldn't be able to use Goodwill Refusal here, but my mastermind disagreed. Goodwill Refusal seems too strong if that's the case - any late-game abilities would always end up triggering for cuplrits without any goodwill abilities to bring their paranoia down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mundt
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodwill works like this:

Leader chooses a Character who has sufficient Goodwill to activate an ability.

Leader informs Mastermind which ability he would like to use, and what the target of that ability is.

If the Character whose ability is being used has Optional Refusal, the Mastermind may cancel the attempt, or allow it to go through. If the Character has Mandatory Refusal, the attempt is cancelled.

The recipient of the ability has no bearing on whether the ability can be Refused or not, only the Character _using_ the ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're buttering up the Police Officer until he likes you enough to run a background check on the Rich Girl. It doesn't matter what role the Rich Girl is playing in this, it's the Police Officer who can refuse to run the check if he's actually involved in the plot himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember there was something about there being even something about using these abilities just to fish out for Goodwill Refusal.

Like trying to lower Paranoia, when there IS a a person there but he has no Paranoia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.