Subject: Different version of location? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Seriously? [+] [View All]
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
I did not play the second and third scenario yet but I thought ffg said we were suppose to get different version of the location to help with the replayability? Theres only one version of each location in the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 2nd scenario there are two locations with alternate versions. I believe they are Southside and Downtown?

In the 3rd scenario there are six different Arkham Woods locations, and you randomly pick four of them to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:
I did not play the second and third scenario yet but I thought ffg said we were suppose to get different version of the location to help with the replayability? Theres only one version of each location in the game

You've only played the intro scenario and are already complaining about a lack of location variety?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
The Fallen wrote:
nightwishpower wrote:

You've only played the intro scenario and are already complaining about a lack of location variety?

yea I need death sentence now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have no words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Pater
msg tools
I agree with you OP. What's the point of exploring a location if there's just one possible reveal? A missed opportunity to boost replayability.

However, there's reason to believe they took this approach mostly for the introduction scenario(s). As mentioned above, the third scenario uses four random Woods out of a possible six, and one of the expansions announced (The Essex County Express) is composed almost entirely of random cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the whole "intoduction-ness" of the introduction scenario has been missed.

Not only does it make it more accessible for new players but it also provides a hook for the next scenario.

Also, not reading the forums, while annoying, is at least common. Not reading your own cards on the other hand is ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Curse of the Rougarou likewise uses multiple locations with the same backs, and you even randomly select which "regions" are in play. Basically, every scenario we've seen so far except the deliberately simplified introduction has done what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.