Subject: Any inserts that fit base + expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RavenMad
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, does anyone know of a good quality insert (preferably something like Broken Token etc) that fits the base game plus the Pantheon expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
game is too new for manufactured custom insert. i'm sure one of our handy/crafty bgg'er will create one soon using foam board. and let's hope they post the measurements on the list: custom foam inserts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RavenMad
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, figured as much but hoped that someone might have one in the works...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Broken token insert fits expansion as well, although you cannot sleeve the pantheons and you need to manually file down four corners (easy) to make just a little room.

You can easily make your own insert by cutting up the expansion box. I did this as soon as I got home from Essen, my version can be found here https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24135285#24135285
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
interesting approach, max. thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
My version, which fits everything from both sets in the Pantheon box only and basically just uses one little baggie for tokens, can be found here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24188629#24188629

I did have to cut the original Duel board in half for this to work, which I know might be a deal-breaker for some people. But I figure the Duel+Pantheon board is already in two pieces, so three pieces (Military track + Progress token area + Pantheon) is fine too.

I do have all the cards sleeved, which I like but is also a pain since it required three different sizes (mini, Wonders, Divinity).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an insert that I sell through my Etsy shop that fits the current game with sleeved cards. I ordered the Pantheon expansion the other day, so I should know soon if the new components will fit. If they don't, I'll modify the current design and list it as a new item.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/462610797/foam-box-insert-for-7...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JCurry wrote:
I have an insert that I sell through my Etsy shop that fits the current game with sleeved cards. I ordered the Pantheon expansion the other day, so I should know soon if the new components will fit. If they don't, I'll modify the current design and list it as a new item.

The Pantheon cards will not fit, they are longer than the wonders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
JCurry wrote:

The Pantheon cards will not fit, they are longer than the wonders.

You're right. I just got it today and I see that the Pantheon cards are longer. I will expand the section that holds the wonder cards and the score pad to be big enough to hold the pantheon cards as well. I will also make the dropped section lower to accommodate for the second board and then everything will fit fine. The only thing holding me up right now is getting sleeves to fit the Pantheon cards. From what I read in another thread they are French tarot size. Seriously? WTF?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who has sleeved the pantheon cards, can you tell me the exact size of the sleeves? I have a modified design that I am ready to cut but I want to make sure that the area for the Pantheon cards is big enough since I don't have French tarot sleeves for them yet.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
Depends on what brand you buy. Here's the geeklist that list the options: card sleeve size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
getchristylove wrote:
Depends on what brand you buy. Here's the geeklist that list the options: card sleeve size

That's handy, but not all sleeves are measured the same. Some are the measurement of the card size they are meant for, some are the max size card they will hold, and others are the size of the sleeve itself. I guess if I use the largest size it shows there, 115mm and add 5mm, that should be more than enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished the design and I was able to allow for 118mm of space for the large cards. Everything fits in the box nicely. I'm going to try to find some French tarot sleeves locally tomorrow (good luck, right?) to verify that they fit before listing the insert for sale on my Etsy store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
Good luck finding sleeves locally. I ended up buying mine on ebay. Did you see this post where someone has extra they are willing to part with: extra sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new insert design is finished and available to order now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave P
msg tools
Great insert! All components fit perfectly. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine today too. Fits snug, and actually have an extra slot with the way I pack stuff. Well done.

The price versus Broken Token, as well as ease of assembly is what made me pull the trigger. Worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Nov
Israel
flag msg tools
JCurry wrote:
The new insert design is finished and available to order now.

this insert looks great! but it doesn't ship to Israel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I'm glad you're happy with it.

Sorry, no international shipping at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Nichols

Cedar Hills
Utah
msg tools
badge
Time is an illusion. Game time, doubly so.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little late. I love Josh's Foam insert. If you are interested in a plywood insert that was designed to fit the Pantheon expansion, my son and I are offering one on Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/448834778/7-wonders-duel-with-p...

Hopefully this is helpful! Sorry, no international shipping here either, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Before I get an insert, the real question is whether there are more expansions on the way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I wrote to Broken Token to ask about this, they said they had heard there might be another one. This is far from definitive, but I may give it a little time before I replace the Broken Token insert I already have. Matt's looks very nice and reasonably priced if I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy ZJ
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
When I wrote to Broken Token to ask about this, they said they had heard there might be another one. This is far from definitive, but I may give it a little time before I replace the Broken Token insert I already have. Matt's looks very nice and reasonably priced if I do.

You will probably want to wait till end of first week of March to evaluate the updated BT insert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tangfishfry wrote:
I'm a little late. I love Josh's Foam insert. If you are interested in a plywood insert that was designed to fit the Pantheon expansion, my son and I are offering one on Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/448834778/7-wonders-duel-with-p...

Hopefully this is helpful! Sorry, no international shipping here either, though.

Thanks Matt. I like your insert as well. The removable tray for the money is a great idea. Wood vs. foam for inserts each have their own benefits. I'm glad that people have choices.

BTW, what kind of laser are you using? I have a 60 watt Epilog Helix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Nichols

Cedar Hills
Utah
msg tools
badge
Time is an illusion. Game time, doubly so.
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh,
for choice! We are currently using a modified 60 watt chinese laser cutter. We've been pretty happy with the results, even if it takes a little bit of babysitting. I'm a bit of a tinkerer. My son and I have had fun with it. I have looked at the Epilog laser cutters, very nice. We will be looking at them carefully when we are ready to add another machine. I'd love to compare notes some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.