Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Action and Skills question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Oh
msg tools
mb
Hello, two questions

1. For the knife card it has an Action > fight. Does it mean I spend the action and immediately use it to fight?

2. I had the ally asset Dr. Milan Christopher does he count as +2 to lore? in the rules it says to use the top left as a counter but he also gives you a +1.

I want to make sure I'm playing it right, I did standard difficulty on the first campaign as Roland and it wasn't that difficult at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sil80guy wrote:
1. For the knife card it has an Action > fight. Does it mean I spend the action and immediately use it to fight?

Correct.

sil80guy wrote:
2. I had the ally asset Dr. Milan Christopher does he count as +2 to lore? in the rules it says to use the top left as a counter but he also gives you a +1.

If you commit him from your hand to a skill test, then you get to count his 2 icons on your skill test and then he goes to the discard pile. If he is in play, then he provides a passive +1 but you do not get his icons.

The icons are only used when you commit a card to a skill test, not when you play them or have them in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Oh
msg tools
mb
Thanks! Looks like Roland's gonna have to go through it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu-Chu Li
United States
College Park
MARYLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does use knife trigger the "Attack of Opportunity"?
Or it's considered a fight action?

--
I got the answer here..
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1670076/backstab-weird-card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Nygaard
msg tools
mb
li042127054 wrote:
Does use knife trigger the "Attack of Opportunity"?
Or it's considered a fight action?

--
I got the answer here..
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1670076/backstab-weird-card

When it says Fight it's considered a Fight action, and therefore does not trigger Attacks of Opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I knew why the word, "commit" is not in the glossary. Am I correct that if you commit Dr. Christopher, and win, you do not get his Reaction Trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
I wish I knew why the word, "commit" is not in the glossary. Am I correct that if you commit Dr. Christopher, and win, you do not get his Reaction Trigger.

That is correct, Committing that card at the beginning of one Skill Test grants +1 Intellect for that test only, with no other effects. Christopher goes to Discard with no attention paid to the body of the text. The only Cards that do something other than contribute their Skill Icons when Committed are Skill Cards (Identified by the word Skill in the upper left).

dboeren wrote:
If you commit him from your hand to a skill test, then you get to count his 2 icons on your skill test and then he goes to the discard pile. If he is in play, then he provides a passive +1 but you do not get his icons.

The icons are only used when you commit a card to a skill test, not when you play them or have them in play.

For a Skill test, he has 1 Icon. The +1 in the text is not an icon for Commitment purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.