Popular Tags: [View All]
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just snagged a copy of Hundred Days 20, which contains the upgraded version of Waterloo 20. If anyone is interested in trying the new version with the Fading Glory components, this will get you close:

Map changes: 1705 is now a forest; 0710 is now clear terrain*

Card changes: None

Unit changes:

- French Guard reduced from 4-2 to 3-2 (see Élan bonus below)

- French II increased from 3-2 to 4-2

- French III increased from 2-2 to 3-2

- French III Cav increased from 1-3 to 2-3, but is now a Guard unit (i.e., must pay morale to commit)

- Anglo-Dutch Reserve increased from 2-2 to 3-2

New units:

- New Anglo-Dutch cav (1-3) starts on hex 0803

- New Prussian cav (1-3) starts on hex 0509

- French cadre (1-2) also enters as reinforcements on Turn 3

Optional Élan rule for elite units: (French IG and Anglo-Dutch I)

Whenever any of your Elite units participate in an attack, you roll a die for each to see if it benefits from “Élan!” Make this roll during Step D of the Battle Sequence. Apply the following plus one (+1) die roll modifiers for each criteria which is applicable:
• If the unit is also a Guard unit.
• If you spent a Morale point to Commit the Guard to this unit prior to this attack.
• If you spent a Morale point to Commit Reserves to this battle.
• If either your or your opponent’s Morale level is currently at one.

If the modified result is six or more, that Elite unit receives an Élan! bonus of +1 to its Combat Strength for that Battle; if the modified result is less than six, there is no effect.

(Note that Élan only applies to attacking units, not defending units.)

*No, Sombreffe didn't disappear. It relocated to 0409.

Other notes:

The map in the HD20 version is wider by five columns, so the map changes described above are approximate.

There are changes to the starting positions of some units, but I didn't mess with those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Waterloo 20 11 times, of which 7 decisive Allied victories, 3 decisive French victories, and 1 draw. I feel the Allies have a large advantage. So I'm interested to know how balanced you consider the changes compared to the Fading Glory edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RvdH83 wrote:
I feel the Allies have a large advantage. So I'm interested to know how balanced you consider the changes compared to the Fading Glory edition?

At least it wasn't 11-0.

My experience with the FG version of Waterloo is that the French can do well if they force march on the first turn - but that's still not a guarantee.

I'll report back after a few plays of the new Hundred Days version. I suspect that the two new cav units (Prussian/Anglo-Dutch) will mix things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
RvdH83 wrote:
I feel the Allies have a large advantage. So I'm interested to know how balanced you consider the changes compared to the Fading Glory edition?

At least it wasn't 11-0.

My experience with the FG version of Waterloo is that the French can do well if they force march on the first turn - but that's still not a guarantee.

Yes, the force march is a must. Almost all games were played with a force march on the first turn. As a French player you need the force march to get better odds against the defenders.

2/3 of the French' wins were on the first day. I think if the Allies play conservatively and don't spend a lot of morale on the first day, they're in a very good position. Especially because the events are relatively anti-French.

wkover wrote:
I'll report back after a few plays of the new Hundred Days version. I suspect that the two new cav units (Prussian/Anglo-Dutch) will mix things up.

Cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.