Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do these plots work?

Its my understanding that when plot cards are played with the "Play a Card" action, they are activated and that starts the assassination attempt.

Derail and Plane Bomb plots seem to work differently as they can be played out of turn. Does that mean you can keep these in your hand faceup on the table and never have to use the "Play a Card" action for these cards to activate them?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do play them out of turn, but they are actually played (i.e., used). But yes, I think you have it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Is that because you play them during a Hitler movement

and not during your conspirator's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Am in the middle of a game right now and both these cards are in player's hands, so had the same question.

So what the above is saying is that if these plot cards are played out of the holder's turn, it doesn't cost the holder an action like it would if the plot was played on the holder's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. They are played out of turn when Hitler moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OK, thanks for the reply! So then it seems that both these plots are unique (and might even be better) to all the other plots, in that they're free (when NOT used on the holder's turn), and in also that that their timing is much more flexible (can be used out of the holder's turn).

So, "Free" + "Flexible" = Better

Now, I don't have the cards handy, but there might be some limitation that doesn't make them better after all. (I.e., if I remember correctly, the Air plot needs a certain type of character, which may not be playing the game, etc). And in our game last night (my first one), both of the aforementioned plot attempts failed, so it's not like they're the golden ticket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

OK, thanks for the reply! So then it seems that both these plots are unique (and might even be better) to all the other plots, in that they're free (when NOT used on the holder's turn), and in also that that their timing is much more flexible (can be used out of the holder's turn).

So, "Free" + "Flexible" = Better

Now, I don't have the cards handy, but there might be some limitation that doesn't make them better after all. (I.e., if I remember correctly, the Air plot needs a certain type of character, which may not be playing the game, etc). And in our game last night (my first one), both of the aforementioned plot attempts failed, so it's not like they're the golden ticket.

They probably don't allow for the multiple use of the same type of item providing less dice because of that... I'm not saying it's the case because I don't remember those plots exactly but it's what the trade-off probably is... free to pull off because they are done out of turn but harder to succeed because the limited use and probably the not so well prepared nature of the plot to be enacted when you are at full strength and Hitler at his lowest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.